Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Line - Braid or Flurocarbon coated (P-Line)?
Hey everyone,

Over the years I haven't paid a lot of attention to the type of line I put on my spinning reels, other than color (usually go with clear). But a few years ago I got turned onto P-Line Floroclear, which has a fluorocarbon coating to make it virtually invisible and still very strong and durable.

It has done me pretty well, but I have been thinking about braid. Recently I went on a fishing trip with poles supplied for me and we used 30lb test braid I believe. Man was it awesome. No stretching, nicking or anything.

Obviously with braid, I can get the same diameter line but much much stronger LB test. That means I don't have to carry as many poles with me, if I want to switch it up during a fishing trip.

Any thoughts on using braid as the primary line on your poles? It is my understanding that tying knots on braided line is much more difficult than your normal fluoro line. Also, is braid as clear in the water for species who may get spooked easily?

The type of fishing I am doing is all freshwater, in pretty clear water (Lake Mead and surrounding lakes). Trout, bass, stripers and catfish. Both bait and lures.

Thanks in advance. [fishon]
[signature]
I use Yo Zuri Hybrid (which is the same idea as the P-Line you've been using) as a leader with Power Pro as my main line. It works very well, especially when fishing plastics. I love it for a drop shot rig since it eliminates the line twist problem for the most part, and it greatly improves sensitivity and hook setting ability.
[signature]
I use P-Line as well, but on rods of mine that I still need some stretch, like cranking. Braid on my other rods for worming, Texas rig etc. I only go up to 10lb braid and have caught 6 lb. bass with no problem. 30 would be good for flipping.
[signature]
Hello Gvec Spiderwire has a clear braid which i used in the past called
Ultracast Invisi-braid. Now I'm using Berkley Nanofil..i believe it's the smoothest casting line in the market right now. It's not a braid,the line is fused togetherlike the original Fire line and does have a "no stretch". I have it in 6 lb and 12 lb test,it's also thinner when compared to a braid in same lb test.

I recommend it especially for casting ultra light lures,the 6 lb test is perfect for that!
P.
[signature]