Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bue crabs are in
. Finally there is life in the salty pond. [:p]
I have been getting 6-10 for a few hours of fishing. A few at 6", strange as I hit hard for the first 20 mins, then the brakes go on. I tried jumping around to different spots, but still didn't help much. At least I get enough for a pot or two of sauce every time out. [cool] Next week I'll try for some fluke again and seabass. Nice having the boat tied up to a dock for once.
[signature]
that's cool.its been slow for the past few years.hoping to get out to get some. Between working and packing, because I am buying a house. There hasn't been any free time
[signature]
I've never fished for blue crab, do you fish from shore with traps or some other method? And what is this sauce you speak of?
[signature]
Buying??? Very cool. Good luck to you and Cindy on that. I've gone three times this week and am taking some of the wife's friends today. But can't seem to break a ten count, must be why I have to go so much. LOL The boat is at a marina this year so one phone call and its in the water. Loving it. Should have done it along time ago.
[signature]
WH2 I do it from my boat so I can move it if it slows down. I use 8 lines baited with chicken wings and a 2oz weight to hold them on bottom. The sauce is a spaghetti type sauce with a touch of hot pepper for flavor. Cooked for three hours, then the crabs are separated to eat after. I hold down their claws with my feet then rip off the back shell' They die instantly. Then a hosing to clean out the cavity and it's in the bag for the freezer. We can buy frozen crabs here in the store, but they are sweeter when done so fresh. Try it some time. Even this Swede can make a great tomato sauce. [Wink]
[signature]
Took a buddy out crabbing yesterday. After three hours only had three to show for it. Took a chance and started hitting bridge and pilings. Ended up with 8 more for the day. Seems to be the end of the run. Glad I stocked up. [sly] Tried for blues and stripers on the reef, but no hits. Very poor year for salt water.
[signature]