Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle DINKS
Well I got to fish with one of BYU new fishing team yesterday on the Nell, we got a few bass but it was no where close to being as good as it was..

BYU should have a good team and may give other schools a good run for there money..

Here is a picture of the biggest bass..[inline P8120009.JPG]
[signature]
I agree with you...I hit all my Honey Holes yesterday and could NOT catch anything over 12"....What happen to all the big Smallies??? But my son caught a nice 19" Rainbow and we also landed 7 good size perch, around 10-12"ers...

Its Sad that the perch we caught is as big as the Smallies...I guess these past years, Smallies is living up to its name...

All and all, it wasn't a bad day...I just miss the fight of them Hogs...

Payne
[signature]
If all you can do is bitch about how small they are and how destroyed jordanelle is because of the dnr then why do you keep wasting your time up there cliff? That's called insanity man. You need some help from a credible psychologist.
[signature]
yeah i thought they were small at DC until i fished Jordanelle. 6-8 inchers all day !!! altough i did nail one at 14 inches a few trips back . some nice rainbows in there tho
[signature]
my buddy caught one over 20 inches up there this summer. So there are a few pigs left but nothing like the glory days.
[signature]
[quote Blackellunge]yeah i thought they were small at DC until i fished Jordanelle. 6-8 inchers all day !!! altough i did nail one at 14 inches a few trips back . some nice rainbows in there tho[/quote]

Yeah, there are lots of 6-8 inchers. However, I was there last week and did quite well for size. A full top 5 over 13inches and with a 16 and 15. Not like the old days, but good enough to put a Smile on my face. The bass in the weeds are nice and fat too. It was good to see.

It is probably a waste of time to say something positive about Jordanelle and I'll doubtless be drowned out by pessimism and cries of DWR incompetence, but have you guys seen the jungle of weeds and bushes that has grown in the old lakebed at Rock Cliffs and elsewhere? What do you think is going to happen if the pond gets back to full pool? Why is the fishing so good in the submerged weeds that got flooded this year? (unsolicited hint) I'm kind of looking forward to the immediate future there. Now if we could get folks to take home a few dink smallies to thin the herd a little, but that is probably too much to ask.

Uh, on second thought, you guys are right. Jordanelle stinks. Don't waste your time there.
[signature]
Other fisherman and the spear hunters have killed them..
At least the spear hunting have been stopped..
[signature]
Well I have only fished Jordanelle three times this year in hopes that I have been wrong and my fishing up there was only me, and I was just having a bad nightmare..
[signature]
If we had slit limits on our waters the fishing would be much better..
[signature]
That is good to hear, thats the first one I have heard of for over a year..
[signature]
very respectable day doggonefishin'! - ill take that hint with me on my next trip , thanks man
[signature]
Similar story for me at Jordanelle all year. Mostly just little 6-8 fish but maybe 1-3 12"+ fish in a morning/evening. I wouldn't say any I've caught have been over 15" inches though.

Attached is a picture of one of my better ones from Jordanelle this year. Are they pulling big smallies out of any lake in Utah? Between DC, Jordanelle and Rockport I haven't found them yet.
[signature]
I have been fishing Jordanelle and Rockport quite a bit this summer and like what has been mentioned most of the bass from Jordanelle have been under 10-11 inches. I think the biggest one I have caught there was just a shade under 13. I have done a bit better at Rockport. Not as many fish but they seem a bit bigger. My bigest smallie of the year so far is this one from Rockport that was 14-15 inches.

[img][Image: IMG_3425_zps73facd48.jpg][/img]
[signature]
I have only fished Rockport 3 times but it seems like they are all a bit more chunky than what Jordanelle is producing. Comparable length fish as Jordanelle, maybe slightly longer but have a helluva lot more weight to them. Had a buddy catch one out of Rockport that was a lot bigger than anything I've pulled out of either lake. Still just the 15 inch range but had a big belly on it.
[signature]
I have fished other states more this year and got lots bigger bass then Ut...My biggest was from the rivers in Org. out of the Roge river at 21.25" and 6.8lb the biggest from Utah is just under 4lb..
[signature]