Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better then goldens
During the weekend I have been itching to go camping especially with no real fishing trips or camping in almost 1 month with the hrs I've been getting from work

On Saturday decided to hit Mirror first and gosh it was PACKED. Luckily some car pulled out and went right for the spot with no car going toward it. Tried using my new type 6 line in 30-40' marking fish like crazy but no bites. Trying to find a spot to float tube around because master bankers were everywhere.
Found a spot in 8-15' and just slapped them crazy. The Sad and funny part of the day was watching a women in a kayak tip over and all her gear went to fishy heaven.

I believe mirror lake needs a few big boat docks now. [crazy]
[inline "uinta mountain 8 17 14 004.JPG"]

Was planning to head on a rocky hike to echo but end up bailing to hike for some big tigers and maybe a brookie. It sure did payed off in the end. Caught 5 tigers and 1 brookie. Lost about 10 of them next to me before picking them up. Kept 2 19.5" tiger and 1 14.5" brookie.
[inline "uinta mountain 8 17 14 018 - Copy.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain 8 17 14 027.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain 8 17 14 025.JPG"]

Who needs video games when you got a fly rod. It's basically a video game in my head it is [Wink]
[signature]
Nice pics, We use to pull some nice Albinos out of there but to many people now. Mirror Lake been a local\tourist destination for a little while and with everyone wanting to move to Utah im sure its going to get more crowded but thats a good thing keeps peeps from loitering the better lakes up there.
[signature]
Nice tigers, atleast some of the lakes up there have some good fish.
the hike ins definitely are worth it.
[signature]
Ya man I remember catching albinos as a kid that were 15-20" out of there.
[signature]
The hike and the time to take to actually catch one of them is totally worth it.
[signature]
Me too
[Image: ALBINO2.jpg]
[signature]
Do you know if they still stock albinos or there not worth putting in the uintas anymore. Haven't seen one in over 2 years.
[signature]
You cannot say it was better than goldens when you have NEVER CAUGHT ONE!!!
[signature]
Pretty sure they fight sloppy but sure they look pretty.
[signature]
[quote TyeDyeTwins]You cannot say it was better than goldens when you have NEVER CAUGHT ONE!!![/quote]

BOOM!
[signature]