Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Bass Hog
New to forum. Had a chance to hit jordanelle last weekend and finally getting a chance to post. Here are a couple teasers [laugh]
[signature]
Nice work!

Remember though, most of the guys on here think all the good Jordanelle smallies disappeared a few years ago and only dinks remain.
[signature]
Yeah, when I read the posts I wanted to give it a shot and landed 2 nice Smallies that day... I guess being at the right place and right time also helps. Just wanted to show that jordanelle still have decent smallies, you just got to find them and weed out tons of small ones
[signature]
[#0000FF]Congrats on finding a couple of "above average" smallies. Sad though. In the days when Jordanelle was still a young and fertile reservoir...with lots of chubs and perch for forage...those fish would have been small. In those days we could only keep fish under 12 inches...and there were days when I did not catch any small enough to keep.

Used to have many days of 20 - 30 smallmouth with the smallest being about 12 inches...the average about 15 - 16...and several 18 -20 inchers. And that was catching them mostly by accident, while fishing for the abundant perch up to 13 inches.

Note the small jigs in the mouths of some of the bass pics below.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Those is awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics with us. Makes me wanna give the nelle a try again.
[signature]
Ssshhh! They are all babies at Jordanelle these days..... [Smile]
[signature]
Awesome fish!

Be careful, you might upset some folks that believe all bigger bass in the nelle have been killed off
[signature]