Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Santa Monica Pier Fishing!!!
Went to Santa Monica Pier last night. I couldn't figure anywhere else to fish after 4:30 in the afternoon and still had the urge to fish. I took TubeNtoo with me and we had a blast.

It is fun to pull up glow in the dark fishies out of there. We ended up with a small Scorpion fish, 1 small surf perch, and 2 3 1/2lb rock crabs.

We wanted to get some sharks but nothing else would bite no matter what. We used all the regular baits. Squid, chovies, macks, muscles, clams and smelt. Got many small hits on the squid and macks.
[signature]
Heyas TubeN2,

Your right, I was getting all my hits of squid. We ended up with 3 perch, a smelt, a croaker, and 1 thornback skate. (see below)

[img]file:///C:/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/thornback.jpg[/img]

Im the guy with the black jacket last night you were telling me about sliders.

other then then the skate, and the bait fish at sundown it was dead out there. I cant wait till it picks up. Im supposed to be going charter fishing to channle islands friday, I'll let you know how it goes =)

~amh
Doh!

lets see if the pic will work this time.....[Image: 8827215621_100.jpg?]
Hey there Adam, welcome to the BFT message boards. If you have trouble posting you picture then see if you can email it to me and I will post it for you.

I'm glad you decided to join. What happened to your other buddy?? Maybe he will join later.
[signature]