Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nighthawk, Aztec Wash
Nighthawk,
The trip you took to Aztec Wash, did it look like a place someone could do some fishing. Say, maybe this weekend or a night trip this weekend? How were the roads?
Take care,
David
[signature]
bring some firewood !

sm
[signature]
Is there a place for me to plug in my electic blanket into?
[signature]
Aztec Wash is about 3-4 feet deep right now. The lake is down about 9 feet but is is rising a little each day. The fish hatchery is still not planting there until the lake rises a little more. There are areas that you can fish from that are deeper on the left and right side of the two points that come out from the cove. It looks like a great place to fish from. The roads there are a little flooded out but you can make it in your truck. Some areas are sandy because you are traveling up and down a wash but if you are careful you can get through it. Hint don't make any sharp u-turns or you might get stuck. Once you get to the cove the road is pretty good to park on. Someone looked like they tried to launch a small boat and got stuck. This area looks like the only place you might be able to camp at. Placer cove and Nelson's landing has signs that don't allow camping or fires. Just south of Aztec Wash is the power line that goes across the lake. They have been planting there. You can walk to this area by doing some hiking. I wouldn't try taking the road right now. Don't forget there is some [size 1]private property so don't go down their road. The answer to your electric problem. Yes you can plug it in anywhere you want but I don't think it will work. [unsure][unsure][unsure][/size]
[signature]
Thanks for the info Nighthawk.

Ok, anyone up for some fishing on Saturday? Aztec Wash or Nelson's Landing.
[signature]
im always up for fishin . .

sm
[signature]
Southernman, I thought you went to Quail Creek.

I'll work on the details for this weekend and get back with you,
[signature]
well i went to the pond on the other side of quail creek - a local told me they havent stocked trout this year . . [shocked][mad][unsure]

although quail creek's water level is up, up, up! and theres a way to park now and skirt the $6 entrance fee . . i guess ill try that next

sm
[signature]
Looks like we're not getting the rain Mr. Weatherman predicted. So, I'm looking at heading out about 14:00 on Saturday to Aztec Wash, want to get there with enough light to see. I fixed my lantern but just in case do you have another light source? (Please no mini mag light jokes.) If I bring (and consume) any barley pops, I plan on staying all night. I'll bring the anchovies and worms. Munchies are a given.
[signature]
yah got a coleman badass 2 mantle, plus 3 candle lanterns, and 9v big lantern i use for my tent . . .all nighter huh, ok im game, send me a pm with directions .. .

sm
[signature]
With all that light, do you have darkness issues? LOL
[signature]
when youre wilderness camping, light is good!

sm
[signature]
[font "Tahoma"][size 3][font "Times New Roman"][Image: aztecwash.jpg][/font][font "Times New Roman"][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]Here is a map of the area.[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]Hey SM I would watch taken your car on the road to Aztec Wash. If the road hasn't been graded you might have trouble getting down it. You are traveling down up and down a wash. It was flooded a little when I went there. I would look it over real good before you try. When you get to Nelson's Landing you will see a paved road that goes to the right down to the bottom of the canyon. [/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][Image: nelson1.jpg][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]When you get to the bottom you will need to go up the wash on a dirt road that leads up a wash. [/font][font "Times New Roman"]A few hundred yards you will see a dirt road on the left. That goes to Placer Cove. [Image: placer2.jpg]Now that is a great place to fish but lots of anglers are there. That road will get you real close to the lake by 50 feet. [/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][Image: placer1.jpg][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]If you continue up the road and not take the left it will go up the wash for about 2 miles then you will see the road leave the wash and go parallel along the lake for about 3 miles. Several roads will take you to other coves but I didn’t try them. You will continue down the road when you get to a private road sing. Someone lives on the hill above this road. [/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][Image: aztecroad1.jpg][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]Just go on the road to the right and continue down the hill. [/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]You will get to the road that finally goes down Aztec Wash. [/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][Image: aztec4.jpg][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]You can see power lines on your right. Just continue down till you get to the lake. I didn't see any No Camping Signs so I guess you can camp here. [/font]

[/size][/font]

[Image: aztec2.jpg]

[Image: aztec3.jpg]

[Image: aztec1.jpg]
[signature]
Nighthawk, are you going to be able too make it? Found a map that says camping is allowed at Aztec Wash. http://www.nps.gov/lame/Map1.pdf
[signature]
I must have missed that map. It has the number on the signs. As far as the road that comes from the town of Nelson I didn't see any tire marks on that portion of road. Everyone was coming from the lake and going over instead. Someone said the road had been washed out near the town of nelson. I see the signs on camping on that map but one thing that isn't there right now is a rest room. I am working on trying to go. It might be only a day activity for me if I go. Just Saturday. I will let you guys know later today.
[signature]
ok so where we goin? and what time span ? if they're plantin trout at Saddle,. we should try that again ., . . theyre not planting at mohave this week i dont believe . .

we could get out early like 8 am and stay till 10 pm or 11 or whatever ?

lemme know . . .

sm
[signature]
We could save Aztec for another day and go with Saddle (Trout Plant). 08:00 sounds good, I'll be there with bells on.
[signature]
ill be there . . maybe we'll get lucky!

sm
[signature]
You guys will need all the luck considering how you've been doing lately. HAHA Bring a bucket of livers this time and let me know how you do.

Oh and good luck!
[signature]
So when you guys coming up to Utah for some ice fishing? I know your not quite ready but after reading that Illinois post I think you can handle it. Oh and when you do come up bring some sun screen because you will get burned on a sunny day.

I guarentee you'll catch a fish or get pissed off missing all those fish.
[signature]