Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving The Bottom Line
<b> Ice Fishing Tip #23<br><br><br>This past weekend at a sport show I came across a pickup truck with a new lining in it.<br>Now you might be thinking what a bed liner in the bottom of a pickup truck would have to do with Ice Fishing. <br><br>My question I guess is… Have you ever had to use wood runners on your sled or shanty because you could not find a decent pair of skies at a reasonable price? Ever have the bottoms rot out on you? <br><br>Sitting in the bottom of the bed in the pickup truck was a soda pop can that had been coated with the same material that was used to line the truck with. Not an uncommon site since when you consider that most a sales persons have one kind of gimmick or another for their product. <br><br>Ok, so what, the can is coated with this material? You ask. Upon viewing the inside of the can I found that the can had been mangled and was falling a part from the abuse of an un-countless number of persons trying to destroy the can. (Inside crumbling-outside looks pristine) <br><br>Ok it sounds like a good product for the bottom of a pickup truck, what dose this product; have to do with Ice Fishing? <br><br>It was at this point that I glanced at the floor noticing that the rep had sprayed the tips of his shoes, that made me wander what else could this product cover, then I asked him.<br>His reply was this product is a spray on material that his store applies to just about any surface that you may want to cover. Then I asked can it be applied to wood and he replied yes if it is clean of varnish and paint. <br><br>So the thought to myself that I would ask him if they would do a set of canoe paddles if I brought them in. he said any thing you want.<br><br>So this is where you might want to consider having the bottoms of your sleds or runners of your shanty covered with this material. Every one knows how plastic handles on snow and ice. Just think about how much easier that shanty would slide on the lake and concrete services if covered with this material. <br><br>The name of the store that provides this product is Home Depot <br>I wander what else could be covered?<br><br><br>[cool] “Don’t forget to wiggle your jig.” davetclown