Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 9/20
Fished the bank at Rock Cliffs with a fellow BFT board member for three hours last night. Good times, though we didn't catch as many fish as we had hoped. I am grateful that I did learn a lot about fishing(from asking a billion questions), and this is increasing my confidence.

We felt a number of hits that we failed to convert to catches. He caught one SM, and I reeled in a nice 15" rainbow. Didn't take a picture because I'd figured I would be catching more (I was wrong).

We did fish next to a couple that was bringing one in every 5 minutes or so. They were fishing with "worms on a weighted hook". Next time, I'll remember to take a shovel to my garden spot before I head out fishing. I usually do that, but forgot to this time.

It was really hot until the sun set, and then it was the perfect temperature. Too bad that time period between sunset and dark was so short.

Question: Does anyone here ever fish the north side of Jordanelle? Is there any access over there off of the highway that heads out to Kamas? Just wondering. If so, that would save me about 20 minutes each way since I approach Jordanelle from the I-80 then Highway 40 direction.

Still need to nab my first bass. . .maybe next time.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. And in answer to your question, yes there is access off of the highway for the north side. There is a turn off on the old road that will take you over there.
[signature]
Did you notice a suspicious fly fishing lover out in a blue/gray float tube at night [Tongue].
[signature]
That must have been you chatting with the couple who were catching fish, educating them about species and reporting how the Uintahs were not kind to you yesterday. I thought that guy in the huge boat who pulled into the sticks right next to you wasn't very considerate. Why did he need to go over there? And then he churned up the bottom getting unstuck! I was thinking that you probably weren't too happy with him.[mad]

Anyway, it was a beautiful night for fishing/tubing. You looked mighty relaxed!
[signature]
Were you the one group on the east side hugging by the boulder rock at night before you have to climb up and over??? Ya that one boater sure made me mad. I was just waiting for him to get stuck but he got out [laugh] He was asking me how the fishing was and all I say it sucked to him.

Ya I'm always relaxed while fishing. A good e cig and fly fishing is always a great trip . Barely caught anything out of Nelle but what ever. Got away from my pc that day for sure.
[signature]
Yeah we were North of the boulder until about 35 minutes before dark; then fished south of the boulder until just about dark. If I see you again out there, I'll be sure to chat at ya'!
[signature]
Ya I wont be on jordanelle again till it ice up possibly.
[signature]
Dont give up now wait for the water temps to cool around 50 F, then its on I guessing mid Oct early Nov depending on much rain we get. Any how as soon as the water temps cool the bows will be more active and for you shore fisherman closer to the shoreline.
[signature]
I will be probably at starvation when it get's cold with my dad for the big spawn [cool]
[signature]