Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day at the Berry
Since I killed my Muzzleloader deer on Wednesday and as I have the rest of the week off work I decided to hit Strawberry. Did very well in the morning and caught 18 or so fish including a couple 20 in bows that were a lot of fun. The afternoon was slower and I only caught 4. I wonder if this cold front that's coming in is the reason. Beautiful day on the water.

Mark
[signature]
Nice!

Those are some healthy looking bows.

How early were you up there? I've found that the word "morning" means 5 a.m. to some and 11 a.m. to others. [Smile]

You doing most of your catching sub-surface or on top? This seems to be one of the only times of year you can do OK fishing big dries at the berry.
[signature]
I got up there at about 7:00AM as the sun was just coming up. I did the best with a slow sinking intermediate line. I did see a lot of fish rising and would cast my streamer to the rise and caught a number of fish this way. I am taking a rod rigged with a dry fly this weekend when I go up and try for some of these risers on a dry. Fun times!

Mark
[signature]
How about a pic of your buck?
[signature]
I am almost embraced to post it as he is just a little two point. I have had so much fun fishing that I could not just get into hunting this year. This little buck came out right at first light on opening morning and I debated for a minute on if I should shoot him. I thought to myself if I get my deer today I can be fishing at Strawberry tomorrow. Bam!! and I was done. He has sure been good eating though and one of the better tasting deer I have killed.

Anymore I am not near the avid hunter I once was and fishing is taking over.

Mark
[signature]
Its all good.
I am getting the same way, but with goose hunting.
I went to my shop today to get decoys and layouts ready for tomorrow morning and have decided to sell my custom decoys in a couple of days.
About 51% of me would rather have a line in the water tomorrow instead of laying in the water.
Nice buck.
[signature]
Early in the morning try slapping a big mouse pattern down off that floating line.
[signature]
Good idea Joni, just might have to try that.

Mark
[signature]