Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first bow kill.
Well, it took me 3 years to do it, but not for lack of trying. By the time I got into elk in my first year my sight had broken, so needless to say, no elk. The second year I was pretty picky about not taking something with small horns or no horns, but I did have opportunities. This year we called in 15+ bulls, but just couldn't put it together. Then the elk seemed to get call shy and all that was working at that point was ambush tactics. I finally killed this bull calf. Before anyone says, "Hey, you can't hunt with that!", I should tell you that I have a handicap permit and my crossbow is legal for me based on my handicap.
[signature]
Finally....... [pirate]
Matt

congrats........ [cool]
[signature]
Take a look at your signature, Dude. [Wink]
[signature]
WOOHOO!!!Congrats!
[signature]
Good job!!!!
[signature]
JEALOUS! that is awesome. Crossbows are not legal here unless handicapped. Jealous of that too, specially since my left arm will probably never be the same after the accident this summer.
Way Cool Junior!
[signature]
Perfect shot brotha. It will be some good eats. It is bigger than mine this year too. Congrats!
[signature]
Nice job HnH
[signature]
Congrats on your elk, that will deffinately be some good eating. My wife had to give up hunting with a bow years ago due to shoulder problems, then a few years ago one of my buddies in the the archery club told me to check in on getting her a medical waver to use a cross bow. We got the form from the Fish and Game here in Utah and took it to her Dr. and that following season she was bow hunting with her new Horton cross bow. She has done very well with it harvesting one spike bull, four cows, a 4X4 muley and a 3X3 muley buck. She loves it.
[signature]