Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy--My name is John Fabiano, but I am known to many as "Doc" Fabiano;
I have been a fisherman most of my life, starting out at an early age in a maritime community in the Hamptons where I grew up. If the bucket, tackle box, and pole were in the kitchen when I got up, it was Mom's way of telling me to come back with something in the bucket or it was pancakes and bacon for dinner. In my town, if you couldn't bait your own hook by the time you were 4, you ran the chance of being banished to some place without a coastline or access to waters.
I have had the very good fortune to travel quite a bit and have fished in several oceans for a variety of game and food fish. I am an artist now, rendering salt water fishes out of wood in something I refer to as "fish camp style". I am also a fervent supporter of catch and release and sustainability, writing a weekly blog about our oceans in crisis.
I look forward to my association with BFT.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Doc Fab. Here is a link to out Saltwater fishing boards: http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ategory=71
We also have state boards but if you live in the Hamptons there likely won't be very many members on that state board.
WH2
[signature]
Welcome to BFT! Glad to have you here.
[signature]