Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first two days of duck season ate in the bag. so are some birds
After four years of no duck hunting, I can't explain how good it felt to be sitting in front of a spread of decoys at day break. I even made a few shots that impressed the Hell out of me. My buddy didn't get called in to work on Friday so he was able to hang out this weekend. No limits for either of us but we still shot some birds. The ducks are coming in to check out our spreads but not committing. Saturday morning I shot four and my buddy shot three. Sunday morning I picked up 5 ducks and a goose. My buddy got one duck. He had a rough morning, missing a bunch of ducks. I sat back and laughed as he cursed out his shotgun. First picture is from Saturday and the Second is from Sunday
[signature]
Way to go Chrome. It got bit warm for me in the middle of the day to be out chasing deer so i came down and hit a couple ponds. took my pup out for her hunt. ended up with a redhead and a honker. my dog headed right for the duck tell she touched it then i couldnt get her to grab it. so i ended up taking a fall dip..... hopefuly next time the dog will do the work. but it felt great to have the season open.
[signature]
Looks like you got your limit of pinnies on your sunday hunt! Ugly drake, but a pinny is a pinny!

What's the story with the goose?
[signature]
Just one pin tail. The other was a gadwald.
[signature]
Nice job Chrome!
[signature]