Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooler tubing/warm tootsies
Just wanted to share this with anyone that spends time outside in the cooler months, specially tube and tooning.
I bought these socks at Sportsman's Warehouse and have been using them on my trips out.
The feel thick and bulky but I haven't noticed my shoes fitting tighter. AND THEY WORK!
My feet have been toasty warm. Went and bought more.
http://usa.heatholders.com/
[signature]
Thanks...very helpful. I think I'll order a pair.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Better ways to stay warm in the colder water are always appreciated. Gonna look into them.

Thanks. You know I spend time in cold water.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Yes I do know. Hey I free the rest of the week[Wink]
[signature]
[#0000FF]I'm not free, but I'm reasonable.

Had planned a trip to Scofield with MasterDaad but that got postponed. Then I started thinking maybe Willard on Friday...but the current windy conditions will muddy that lake up a bit.

How about the island at Deer Creek? Early forecast looks doable. PM me if interested and we will hatch a plan.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Those look interesting. I've been wading in some very cold Colorado Rivers this fall (above 8,000ft), and I could really use something warmer. Thanks for posting it.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Got a pair of the "big foot" size ordered. Looking forward to trying them. Have read some good reviews...besides yours, of course.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I bought another pair last weekend cause I use them a lot.[Smile] Plan on getting one more pair.
[signature]
[#0000FF]If they work out as well as hoped I will be getting at least one more pair for me and a couple for my wife. She doesn't do cold well.

They are spendy (what isn't these days) but how can you put a price on warm tootsies? I have some unfond memories of tubing life in the olden days. No neoprene waders or booties. And nobody made stuff for big guys. Had to settle for the largest large sizes in waders and fins. Not big enough to pack bigger feet and extra socks. Always got constriction problems and had to get out and do the tubers' stomp to restore feeling to numb feet. I gladly spend what I have to in order to fish in comfort during the colder water times.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Got my new pair before my tubing trip to Huntington on Friday. Wore a single pair of the super socks and was at least as warm as with my usual two pair of wool socks in the same 45 degree water. And with less bulk they also help insure better circulation.

Count me as a happy new customer.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I know, right.
[signature]