Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice day at the berry!
Hit the berry today, started at Renegade but it was dead, moved to the Meadows and got into them, I think I landed 20, most were on a Purple bugger with a gold bead got a few on a White Schminnow, sunny and calm all day.
[signature]
Very nice. Add a little red to that white one and try it. We were there as well (not in your area). Was dead calm. I did pretty good today as well. We left at 1.
[Image: DSCN0692_zpsced6ff9c.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2156_zps2b285a4b.jpg]
[signature]
Ya my plans changed pretty fast. One of my friends invited me to go to the rise festival on saturday but left late night friday and just got back at 7pm. Festival was around vegas and sure was amazing!!!

Sand Hollow IS SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW...
Only a few nibbles the end. Basically no one was catching. We only stayed a few hrs each day and had a great time cliff jumping at the lake.
[signature]
Glad some of you got into them. We fished the portal area Friday & Sat. Tough fishing for slot Cutt's. Only landed 10. Guess we should of moved around. Brown, or Purple was the ticket. Only had Intermediate didn't try white.
[signature]
Maybe it was the clear(er) water we had, Meadows area water was fairly clean.
[signature]
I don't think water clarity was a factor for me. In fact I caught more in the muck. I know I was over the 25 mark. Smallest was 14" and that was one. The rest were 18" and over.
Plus with an intermediate line in clear water you would have to be casting long distances to avoid spooking.
East Portal is free so it just flat out gets pounded super hard. I quit fishing there entirely till snow flies.
Getting a fast sinking line is going to help your game.

Funny thing, two weekends ago I was catching over 50 fish in 25' to 15' of water, last week it was 20 to 30 feet, this week 30 to 40 feet. Not saying they are not in closer as I saw one or two being caught, but I was doubling up in the 40. Even at DC.
[signature]