Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewiston Whitetails
I have never hunted whitetail in North Idaho but would like to give it a try. It looks like there is some public land southeast of Lewiston around Soldier's Meadow reservoir and wondered if anyone had any info they would share. Thanks in advance!
[signature]
Heard good things about the southwest end of Lake Coeur d'alene as well. Anyone out there ever hunted up there?
[signature]
nope
[signature]
I lived up there for awhile. Whitetail are not in shortage up there. The best thing I can tell you is just go. There are deer every where up there.
[signature]
Thanks CJ. Hope to make it happen. I'll let you know how it goes
[signature]
A couple of my very good college friends were grain farmers from the areas where you describe. And I can tell you -- every one of them would get a very nice buck year in and year out.

*IF* you happen to have an "in" with any of the local farmers up there, that's your best shot. They'll know exactly where the herds will be found, time of day that they come/go, etc. etc. That would almost be considered cheating in my book. But it is what it is. There's certainly no shortage of white tails up there.

Good luck. Let us know how it turned out.

By the way, a close family member of mine just got himself a very nice white tail buck in in the SE part of the state. So don't think you HAVE to go up north to get them. The scenery up north sure puts the southern areas to shame, though. Love that place.
[signature]