Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse fishing...
Like most fly fishermen I have been hearing stories and seeing pictures of the fruits of mouse fishing for years now, but until recently I have never taken more than a few casts before giving up on the mouse as it has always felt hopeless. This past weekend was the first time I have had a huge success on a mouse, the evening before I caught my tiger trout I landed maybe 12 cutthroat 18"+ all in the middle of a lake from a small pontoon boat just slowly stripping in the mouse just after night fall began. The fish were active near the surface yet not eating any bugs nor could I get a streamer hit so I went to a last resort the mouse... It was a phenomena that I still don't understand but who needs to right? Anyways I woke up before sunrise and took a few casts from the bank and landed this pig of a tiger. Moral of the story is I'm hooked on mice....
[signature]
Sweet!!
[signature]
That is rad! I've always wanted to try a mouse but never have been in the right condition for it, or so I've thought. This is truly inspirational though.
[signature]
Awesome fish man. Mind giving some more info on it? Like the exact fly you caught it on, the exact time of day, and the precise location? Haha, totally kidding man, awesome fish. Keep up the good work.
[signature]
That is so dang cool. I have a few mouse patterns in my box that I have tried on occasion, never with any luck. You have inspired me to keep trying! Nice fish.
[signature]
That's a beaut!

Man, I love fishing mice. I rarely get the chance to do it, but like you say, my best luck has always been in the twilight/dusk time.

Cool stuff!
[signature]
Congrats on your fish mousehatch...I have tried for years to get a single take on a mouse pattern and failed miserably. The last time was a couple of weeks ago when the moon extremely bright. Hit some huge holes where I know that there are big browns. 1 hour after dark, and and hundred or so casts, it was time for me to surrender. Mouse fishing has been my nemisis. Im glad to hear some fisherman possess the skills to drag em in on a mouse, and especially great to see a fish that size landed on one. Fantastic catch!
[signature]