Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contact info for private land?
Where I normally hunt, there is a small tract of private land. It's not posted "No Trespassing", but I do try to avoid the area since, well, it belongs to someone else.

I would like to contact the owner to ensure that if I ever did need to venture onto the land to retrieve an animal, I would have permission to do so.

The guy down at the Forest Service/BLM visitor center here in Boise (the office on Vinnell) told me he doesn't have that info. And even if he did, it's against the law for him to give that info out.

So...how do I go about contacting the owner? County Sheriff? Tax Commission??

I'm just trying to do the right thing, but I'm finding hurdles.

I'd appreciate any info.
[signature]
The county assessors office should have it since it is public information. I have the Hunt Idaho GPS chip that has landowners on it. I always thought that if I had to rely on a gps when I hunt that I would quit. However this chip is by far one of the most useful tools I have.
[signature]
County assessor's office - check. Thanks for the input.

Having landowner info on a GPS would be convenient indeed. I use BackCountry Navigator app on my Android phone. It is, without a doubt, one of the best $10 I've ever spent. I use the app all the time. It has BLM overlays as well as Idaho GMU's on there. But it does NOT provide landowner info for private areas.

If I sent you (via PM) info on the piece of land I'm interested in, would you be willing to PM me back owner info using your GPS?
[signature]
Your County Recorders office should have plat maps available with all of the property owners names on them. They generally keep them updated every time there is an ownership change.
[signature]
I have that program too, if you need me to look it up for you. Ron
[signature]
Thanks idahoron! Really aappreciate it! I'll PM you with some specifics a bit later today.
[signature]
Any time.
[signature]
PM sent.
[signature]
PM sent back
[signature]