Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
snag fest!
Thanks, at least I know that the issue has been addressed. Maybe in the future some changes will happen that will work for everybody. You will definitely be hearing from me if I see it again! Thanks!
[signature]
Thanks for the update Ryno! Im glad to see you guys are working on the situation!
[signature]
Ryan,

I just returned from three days up on the gorge. I witnessed first hand the snag feat. Each morning there were four to six boats out there. I went over to see what it was all about and see what they were doing since I have heard so much about it and wanted to see it for myself.

I witnessed two local guides that were out there with clients just ripping these spoons and snagging fish. I watched them snag these fish, fight them up, land photo and then just throw them back in the water. They would slap the water from a four to six foot throw back into the water. Yes, it was Sad.

I won't share openly the two guides, if you want further info, send me a pm.

On a side note, rainbow fishing was decent with brown and green tubes working well. . Caught one big ling, a few small pups and that was it.
[signature]
Not everybody fishing on the rock pile is snagging or trying to snag fish. Even if they are using a spoon with a treble hook. Some people are though and it sucks that the actions of a few could or should ruin it for everybody. I guess most things in life are that way though. Sad.
[signature]
Yup, same people I seen out there. They had a bunch of people on one boat with another one tied off to it.
[signature]
Yes sir, those two you talk of are both well known guides on the gorge.
[signature]
Why not name the guides, Rileyfish?? I'd sure like to know which unethical Ones are at it. Take some pics and video and post it.
[signature]
P.M. sent.
[signature]
Let me guess!! one boat is blue and the other one is yellow!!!
[signature]
No yellow boat that I seen, however two blue ones for sure
[signature]
[quote MountainManZE]Forget the DWR. Call every major news network in the Salt Lake area and tell them what is going on!!! Invite them out to do a story on it! Let them contact the DWR for a response and see what happens!!! Email every newspaper in the area and invite them to write about what has been happening for years, the blind eye that is being turned, and again, they'll contact DWR for a response! Get organized, get a group together to write the WY Game and Fish and demand something be done- these fish belong to WY as well! Rattle the cage, make the problem visible to state officials and the outdoor community, and the DWR will at the very least be forced to answer some questions, if not forced to take action!!!

Someone get a little video footage of the snaggers in action, get it to the news organizations and let them run with it.[/quote]

The Wyo G&F have little say so,about what happens in Utah. I have brought the snagging problem in Linwood to their attention before.
[signature]
Post away if they are snagging.
[signature]
There's only two guides here who have blue boats. One is very large, and one is a Lund. One is the longest running guide here, the other is the newest.
[signature]
What is this 20 questions? Which two guides use blue boats?
[signature]
I don't fish out there this time of year, and try not to even look at the slaughter any more, but Bruce Parker's big blue boat is in the water 24/7 in Linwood Bay right now. Either anchored over the spawners, or docked in the back of the bay at Airport Road. The only other guide with a blue boat is Clark Sabey. Again, I don't even look at the snagging area, so I'm just answering based on the report.
[signature]