Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got out for some Bow' fishing...
I had a decent day, some nice Bows' and some smaller Cutts' my buddy got the bigger fish today. Nice weather at least.
Those are siiiiiick! Stillwater?
[signature]
River.
[signature]
Nice, BIG river from the pictures.
[signature]
Ya, not Blacksmith [Wink]
[signature]
I wished I could of came with you guys but still I had some fun for hunting browns[laugh].
[signature]
Good grief those are some healthy fish. Nice job!
[signature]
Well done!! Those are some gorgeous fish...
[signature]
Beautiful bows. Good job. What were they biting on?
[signature]
Eggs, Shop Vac's, Hare's Ear
[signature]
Instead of staying home like I should have and try to kick this lingering cold I've had all week, I snuck up to the river this afternoon to see if I could get some more Bow love myself. Alas, the tank rainbows didn't want to play and I only got one bow, but the intermediate sized brownies kept me quite entertained and busy. I also got pulled around by an obese whitie.

Ice was forming in the guides today. Now comes the dilemma. Ice fishing or fast river action on the fly?

A few pics.
[signature]
Nice job!
[signature]
[quote doggonefishin]Instead of staying home like I should have and try to kick this lingering cold I've had all week, I snuck up to the river this afternoon to see if I could get some more Bow love myself. Alas, the tank rainbows didn't want to play and I only got one bow, but the intermediate sized brownies kept me quite entertained and busy. I also got pulled around by an obese whitie.

Ice was forming in the guides today. Now comes the dilemma. Ice fishing or fast river action on the fly?

A few pics.[/quote]

Very cool. You using an egg? As for the dilemma...do both!
[signature]
+1! If ice fishing isn't hot I always move to a river whether it's the Provo or weber. I've saved myself from a skunk by fishing the rivers before going home.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]
Very cool. You using an egg? As for the dilemma...do both![/quote]

Yes, pale colored eggs/glo-bugs and sows in various combinations, top and bottom, worked all afternoon. Never had the need to switch to other stuff. And I love your solution for my dilemma. Now I just hope I have enough time to do both.
[signature]