Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Ice Fishing Season
Thought a dedicated thread for the ice hackers would be good for this upcoming season. With Gun Deer season upon us along with this cold snap its gotten me motivated to get things ready much sooner than expected.
[signature]
Anyone ice fishing there, as of yet? Here in Utah, one member posted the first ice fishing report of the season last week and another one this week. Upper elevation lake no doubt but he still got on the hard water. Good to see you posting again.
[signature]
Thanks W2 good to be back in the Saddle.. been busy with another start-up and just got done with the hyper season.

I'll have to check the report out from Utah. Everything around me in south central WI is either questionable or open yet. We still need a few solid weeks of hard cold in this area to get me out there on the smaller ponds and lakes. Up @ the cabin in the northern part of the state they're making ice pretty well, but I can't recall off hand where specifically.
[signature]
I put a link to the first report on the Ice Fishing board but this guy was only fishing on 2 or 2.5 inches of ice, a little too thin for my liking.[crazy]
[signature]