Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry "CAT" Fish???
[Wink]The surprise of my life at Strawberry!!! Thursday I took my adult son and grandson fishing at Strawberry. We Left home at 8:00am. Had the boat on the water at the Strawberry Marina at 10:00am. The roads were snow packed but the ramp was dry. As soon as I shut down the motor after a 10 minute cruise, my son had a 20 inch 4 pound rainbow on using a worm and marshmellow. We did well until 1:00pm. Then it was the best I have seen on strawberry since the 1970's. My son and I both had fish on when I heard, "Meow!" I turned to Jason and said, "Did you hear that "CAT FISH!" Jason said, "Dad, look down by your shoe." I glanced down and there was a long haired white cat. By the time we reeled those two fish into the boat and unhooked them, the cat had disappeared. I said, "Did we really see a cat?" At 2:00pm we arrived back at the marina. The score was Jason + JD + Me = 46 The Fish 42. We brought four large rainbows home to smoke. While loading the boat, grandson JD took the key from the ignition and opened the cupboard under the steering wheel. There was the cat. It was Snow Ball from home.

The lesson learned was, "Cats will do anything to go fishing just like all of us." I un tarped the boat Wednesday night. I looked in the boat before we left home in the morning. Snow Ball was a stowaway for at least five hours before she made us think Strawberry had "Real Cat" fish. I hope all of you BFT folks have a sense of humor. Here are a couple photos.
[signature]
Nice job. The berry sure has not disappointed the last few weeks. Sadly we have put our boat away for the season. Can not wait till next fall.
[signature]
[Smile]After watching the Udot commuter link camera at the top of Daniel Summit and across Strawberry Valley since Saturday morning, I put my boat away as well. Ice fishing will be great in a month at Strawberry. The water temp Thursday was 34 degrees.

I see Scofield has 4 inches of ice. Strawberry usually follows Scofield by a month because the size and depth.

Thanks for your response.
[signature]
All cats love fish, but most hate water. What a conundrum! Can't beat fresh fish treats though.

So did you leave snow ball in the boat or did you strap snow ball to the roof on the way home?[Wink]
[signature]
[cool]Snow Ball got a ride home inside the truck. As the photo showed, she was glad to be home. We decided if she had jumped into the lake she would have been food for some of those big cutt throats we caught and released. It was a fabulous day on Strawberry.
[signature]
Great report and you got to figure on a snowball with the current weather. Later J
[signature]
Great story and update...Glad y'all had a blast this time of season with open water still...
[signature]
Great report, and nothing like a pet to go fishing with. Never heard of a cat going though.[laugh]
[signature]