Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good day on the lower...
Opted to hit the river today instead of Strawberry, fish are still in spawn mode but they were still eating, yellow glo bugs and olive serendipity's did all the work again. Landed 30 in 5 hours with a lot more hook ups and long distance releases. Weather was crazy warm!
[signature]
Very nice fish. What is the average size and what size was the largest fish? Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Averaged 15" or so, those pics were the biggest of the day.
[signature]
Nice work and fish! Thanks for the report. Looks like a weekday visit is calling me, especially with no safe ice to fish on.

All browns today?
[signature]
Couple of Bows' mixed in, no Whities.
[signature]
Nice healthy fish! Looks like you had a great day.
[signature]
I got up there this afternoon for a couple hours. I didn't do as well, but got a few. A couple good browns, a couple of whities, and a few more small stuff in the catch. A bunch of longline releases today too. The whities liked the yellow glo bugs today, the trout were hitting the white. Sorry no pics Sad .
[signature]
Did you fish the skinny water? Guess I should have mentioned that a lot of my fish came from a foot or less of water.
[signature]
I hit a mix of water types. My first choice area, that had been treating me well lately, was full of other anglers so I tried some new spots. The whities came out of a series of deeper holes. I caught most of the rest in intermediate runs and the edges of the "whitie" hole. I guess I should have hit the skinny water more thoroughly. Still didn't do too bad in hindsight.
[signature]
I finished my Christmas shopping today and rewarded myself with a couple hours on the river. It wasn't on fire and I suspect the egg bite may be winding down, but there were still a few Smiles to be had today.

Got pics this time, enjoy. ;-)

Addendum; There was a ton of floating weeds going down the river today. I was peeling it off my line on almost every drift. Much worse than usual. Hopefully, it will subside soon. Plan accordingly.
[signature]
Nice! That first Bow' was fat!
[signature]
Sweet day out!
[signature]