Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead 1/3/04
Well where do I start. Before I go too far in to details I must finish my chant, Fishing is fun, Fishing is good, Fishing is relaxing. OOOOMMMMMM. OOOOMMMMM. Ok that's better.

We set out for what I had thought was North Saddle Cove, but now know it to be Pumphouse cove. I got there and the south side of the cove was lined with people, all of which were waiting in their vehicles. I managed to get my truck down to the point. Got out of my truck and quickly realized why people were in their vehicles. The temperature in the truck said it was 42 deg. but that didn't take the wind into consideration. The wind was coming from the north and was about 15 to 20 mph, it was a might chilly. Shortly Southernman showed up and we got our poles set up. I throw one in with an anchovy on the bottom, the other I tied on a Bomber Long A, trout pattern and started hurling it out into the cove. After about an hour a Fish and Game representative came down and told everyone that the trout plant wasn't going to be today, the truck was snowed in somewhere in Oregon. The truck wasn't going to be here until maybe Monday. Virtually everyone in the cove called it a day. By this time Nighthalk had shown up. With this new knowledge and with me on my day off I was headstrong to keep trying to get anything. Had a local dive school show up on the point and set out straight off the point, when they came back in they said they didn't anything that resembled fish. Talk about blowing the wind out of your sails. Southernman packed in for the day. Nighthawk and I relocated to Fisherman’s Rock by Lake Mead Marina. It was little bit of a walk but after dodging the relentless attacks of the tumbleweed and braving the difficult terrain we made it out to the end. Once again set my lines up like I had them at Pumphouse. Nighthawk armed with his 20' launcher started tossing a variety of different swim baits. This day turned out to be a bust but it was a good day, any day you can get out away from the hustle and bustle and forget for even just a little while. I guess any day you wake up with a heart beat could be concidered a good day.

Take care,
David
[signature]
yah when ya got 12-15 scuba divers down there and they dont see any fish, not one fish, well its time to pack it in . . and that bloody wind! and I broke a rod tip, scratch one cheap pole ..

sm
[signature]
Boy oh boy you guys don't have much luck when it comes to Mead fish. I'd come down but my lisence is expired and I'm not going to buy one until Spring.
[signature]