Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishman887 Contest Fish!
Fishman887 Please enter your fish in this thread.

Good luck!
[signature]
Perch from American falls res. worm tipped white Swedish pimple. I got pretty excited for the first ten minutes but that was one of two caught all day. From nov 19th. Back when it used to get cold. I forgot to update the year on my board for this fish.
[signature]
Fished Henry's Thursday night through Saturday afternoon. Caught the hybrid at 9:00 at night on a frozen minnow on a glow jighead, 7 ft water. Never caught trout through the ice at night before. Pretty slow fishing but enjoyable when its dead calm and 34 degrees. The brook was caught Friday morning on worm and orange marshmallow in 3 ft of water.
[signature]
Well! You didn't waste any time there did you? [Smile]

Off to a good start! 9.5 for the perch, looks like 20.5 for the hybrid (counts as your cutt), and 19 even for Mr. Squaretail.
[signature]
Seven hours of fishing today trying numerous spots and I have this chub, a red face, and three hits to show for it. American Falls res on a glow bluegill spider.
[signature]
No picture ?
[signature]
I was hoping Bryan would just take a stab in the dark at how long it was😊. Thanks Curt. I selected the photo and failed to upload it
[signature]
I caught a real nice fish today through the hard deck. Rainbow on a black wooly bugger. I have some reservations about posting the where publicly. It's a small place, and in 5 trips have never seen any other holes besides mine. I wouldn't mind sending the location as a pm, but won't post it for the whole world to see. If that's not good enough then I'll just have to find a good rainbow somewhere else for the competition
[signature]
That's a beautiful rainbow.

I'd rather not say where any of mine are caught, but that's part of the rules. iliketofish is our judge, so I'll stand by his decision, but in my opinion, if you aren't willing to say where it is caught, then it should count.
[signature]
That's a big chub! Looks like 14.5 to me.

I hear what you're saying about the rainbow. I certainly don't want to burn your spot.

However the rules do say that to get credit for a fish the location must me stated. How about this, I'll count the fish if you do two things: 1. Tell us the county it was caught in, and 2. If BFT members (especially contest participants) PM you, you tell them. That way, you won't get any traffic at your spot from the lurkers, but it's fair to the BFTers. Also please PM me the lake just so I know it's somewhere public, not some private pond etc. Don't worry, I live in Washington, you won't see me out there. [Smile]

If anybody has a problem with this, let me know and we can revisit it, but it seems fair to me.

Barring any objections, it looks like 22.5 for the rainbow.
[signature]
I appreciate your consideration. County is too revealing as there are only a couple ice fishable areas that grow fish like this in it. How about i tell you, and I reply to pm's of current year contenders in the ice fishing competition, to keep the playing field fair. That way there's incentive to join the competition now or in the future, and lurkers don't get a free lunch. If not, I understand the rules, and will find somewhere well known to catch a big rainbow with no hard feelings.
[signature]
That's understandable. I think I was as close to bending the rules as I'm comfortable with already, so to keep it fair to everybody, I think we'll not count it. Nice fish nevertheless, and I hope you get another nice one somewhere you can tell us about Smile
Enjoy your secret spot, and good luck keeping it on the down low. I hate getting crowded out of my spots!
[signature]
Thanks for being so honest . It would have been very easy to make up a location .
[signature]
[quote curt69]Thanks for being so honest . It would have been very easy to make up a location .[/quote]

Agreed. Thanks. And thanks for being a good sport too.
[signature]
+1
[signature]
Caught my personal best...fish tonight. Nice little brownie. American falls reservoir. Frozen minnow on a pink jig head. My first ever brown trout through the ice. Still swimming for someone else to catch.
[signature]
That browns a bute! Congrats!
[signature]
[quote Fishman887]Caught my personal best...fish tonight. Nice little brownie. American falls reservoir. Frozen minnow on a pink jig head. My first ever brown trout through the ice. Still swimming for someone else to catch.[/quote]

Nice brown! Thanks for putting it back too. It's always nice to share a great fish like that with someone else.
[signature]
Well then! That's a doozy! Looks like 2 feet on the dot to me. I'll put up a new scorecard this weekend.
Nice work!
[signature]
American falls, minnow on a glow jighead. Ten minutes ago
[signature]