Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting River Catfish in the winter.
You can scout for good Catfish hiding locations during the winter. Both along the undercuts of trees and outside bends of mud banks or a line of bouders in the
stream. Make a notebook of locations so when the water comes up you're ready.
Good luck and have a Great fishing year in 2015.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb8dD8-hIcA
[signature]
I do the same thing. I go over maps and Google earth along with Fish and Game research papers. Boots on the ground so to speak is the last thing I do before I fish a spot. I have found one spot in the river that has maybe 200 sunken cars. I have also found a lot of places with cement riprap. These are the a couple of the sunken cars.

[Image: IMG_0387_zpsbf04ff57.jpg]

Here is one of the places with cement and root balls.

[Image: HABITAT2_zps0f638b82.jpg]

This area has never failed to produce gobs of catfish. The cool thing is most boats can't get here, and the bank is private so no one fishes it. Ron
[signature]
Great spot and even better ways you scout them out. Have a super year.
[signature]
The cats that hang out in the cars are tough to land. I have caught them in the cars but they cut the line most of the time. This area has flatheads but the only ones I have caught are small. I am going to try starlings and frogs this year. This is my Boat. I have it set up fro sturgeon and Cats.

[Image: 3-15-14-A_zps612680be.jpg]
[signature]
That's a great rig for your cat and sturgeon. I can see where it would be tough to get the cat out of the cars. Almost have to chum them out away. lol
[signature]