Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFO Motor Mount Question
I am going to purchase the NFO Outlaw Renegade. I will need to purchase the motor mount kit. Questions: For those with NFO experience. Is the motor mount easy to install? Is the battery in a stable location? I looked on the NFO website but not able to determine the battery stability issue. Thanks.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Had one. Don't now. I made my own motor mount from PVC. But the one sold by NFO is easy to install and very stable.

The battery needs to be inside a box and lashed down. Otherwise it just sits on the inflated rear deck. Easy enough to do with straps or bungees, using the D rings.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
?
[signature]
Thank you. Much appreciated.
[signature]
If you look at my profile in the float tube thread about pimped out toons you will see the renegade with the motor mount on. A snap to install, TONS of room behind the seat even when the battery is back there, it's some and works like a champ
[signature]
I built a small shelf on my motor mount to secure the battery and to better balance the motor weight. This has worked well to keep both battery and motor in place.

[inline "Motor Mount 1.jpg"]

[inline "Motor Mount 2.jpg"]
[signature]
Being one of the first to own this mount, it is easy to install. Just make sure you use the right D rings and that you have the mount tethered in the right spot.
TIP! Put it on the toon while soft, then finish inflating. You should be able to pick the toon up by the mount and not have any slop.
Another tip, I bought 3 dog leash clips for quick mount.
As for securing the battery, I use the LARGE deep cycle for many years. I just used the straps tags to secure it by tying around the battery box (be sure you use a box if going acid). When using the smaller AGM battery, I just put that battery under my right arm leaving the back wide open.
[Image: IMG_3600.jpg]

I still use this mount and tech on my Assault, the Assault XX, the Predator, and the Drifter.

[Image: 017.jpg]
[signature]
Thanks to all for the very helpful information. These replies is what makes BFT a wonderful site.
[signature]