Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview
First time out this season...ice was popping pretty good over by the port ramp, once you got away from shore it thickened up and felt pretty safe. We were straight East of the docks. Tried out my new Vx 1 flasher and wasn't disappointed. Was in 45' of water and instantly marked some fish at 20'....reeled up to that depth and on the second "jig" nailed a nice fish. Pulled it up through the hole and low and behold it was a 22" Brown Trout...beautiful fish! Caught on a 2" white tube jig tipped with a waxworm. Moved over to cemetary point and caught a few crappie...was pretty late in the day though...I'll post a pic of the Brownie...
[signature]
How was the ice over by cemetery? I'm wondering if the warmer temps coming in will make it unsafe.
[signature]
I was uncomfortable yesterday...the first 20' off the point was scary. Once you got out there a ways it was ok..3-4" of ice. Looking ahead it is 45-48 degrees forecast for the week ahead. I will not be going out again until it gets colder, too risky for me...it is already 38 degrees this morning.
[signature]
Congratulations on a fine outing. If you attached your photo we can not see it. It you posted it, edit your post and uncheck the Inline box.
[signature]