Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slot Buster
I don't post a lot but had post a pic of my 1st Slot Buster and my biggest fish to date.

Measured at 24 3/4" and weighed in at about 5.5 lbs!!

Overall Fishing was very slow as everyone else for the most part has said. Fish coming through the finder anywhere from 15-22 ft. and look but not very many takers.

Bite picked up about 5-530pm right at dark.
[signature]
On Strawberry our group had one just under 24". Sent him back to eat more chubs.
[signature]
I think it Sad that so many people are keeping the slot busters these days. Next thing you will notice strawberry will look like scofield this year. Catching 12-16" chubs at Strawberry soon [Sad] but ya for sure that's a nice fish.
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]I think it Sad that so many people are keeping the slot busters these days. Next thing you will notice strawberry will look like scofield this year. Catching 12-16" chubs at Strawberry soon [frown][/quote]

[#0000FF]I think it's Sad that everytime someone posts a picture of a large fish they kept they get snarky comments from others...who can't catch big fish.

Regulations are in place to manage a fishery, according to studied fish numbers and fish growth potential. It is not your place to impose your own beliefs on the fishing standards of others.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
+1
[signature]
+1
[signature]
That is a great fish. Too bad people on the internet are so fast to post a negative reply rather than a "congratulations". I would be proud to post that picture as well.

And +1 to TubeDudes comments as well.
[signature]
Yep very nice fish! On the other comment, aren't the fish that are in the slot supposed to be doing most of the chub eating? Isn't that one of the reasons the slots limit is in place?
[signature]
Congratulations on catching a great fish.
[signature]
Nice catch!

+1 to what TD posted.

How do you plan to cook it - we have an simple way of baking a larger trout like this that keeps it moist and still flakes nicely.

No matter what - enjoy it and the memory it created.

Congrats.
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover] Next thing you will notice strawberry will look like scofield this year. Catching 12-16" chubs at Strawberry soon [frown][/quote]

false on so many levels.

OP... great fish!
[signature]
Nice fish!

How were the ice conditions?
[signature]
Nope I think it will still be business as usual 16-18 in slot cuts. That as been my experience when I have fished Strawberry.

To the OP Very nice fish, if you do not mind sharing what did you catch that slob on?
[signature]
Thank you everyone!!

Ice was about 5" thick and it gets slushy in the afternoon.

Caught the big one about 16' down on a pink glow ratfinkie tipped with a meal worm.

I fileted the fish and bake in a honey/cayenne glaze! Eat with quinoa and its a delicious meal
[signature]
Awesome fish and probably good eating too!!!
[signature]
Well done! Those big strawberry cuts are some of my favorite trout to eat. I don't blame you for not posting a lot with the stupid comments people make.
FFL I'm pretty sure the reason the DWR put in over 600,000 cutthroat in 2013 and over 800,000 in 2014 was to make fish available to catch and keep.
[signature]
That sounds great, healthy to boot. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Awesome. Congrats on breaking out of the slot.
[signature]
Amen TD!
[signature]
nice fish bro! and +1 on what td said, ffl and his mad fish biology degree, Sad to see haters hating.. Congrats man!
[signature]