Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLOODS ARE FUN FOR SOME
According to a news broadcast from Buckeye Lake, the flood waters chased many from their homes. One angler decided to wait it out as the water came only to the steps to his front porch and he spent his day fishing. They did not give a report on his catch but the floods that devistated central Ohio on Monday did not deter from this fisherman's favorite pastime. He said he could not get to work because of the high water so he got the chance to fish in a new spot that could not be closer to home. I guess there are some advantages to living in a flood plain but I think I would rather travel from my mountian top.
[signature]
Got to say Windy, If water gets up to your front door durring a flood then we all had better build an arc and get ready for the end of land! you are truly way up there. The floods around the state has hit many this seasen and allot of it has been in areas that have not seen flood waters in over 25 years. I hope this is not a sign that we are going to have a realy wet year in 2004. The rain shut me down many times last year on trips to the local lakes and streems. I did get in a couple of trips when the sky was spitting at me and enjoyed the catches of my efferts. but them wet days are hard to appreciate like a day out there with the sun out, temps in the low to mid 70's and a light breeze to keep the bugs away.
This last week is the highest I have seen the Siotta River in years down around Chillicothi. I know we need rain for the farmers around the state but I hope that it gets spread out evenly so the farmers have a great year along with the Angles of the state getting in plenty of relaxation in the many great locations to fish in the state this year.
Hay Windy, Have you heard if the big cats are around the dam now over at C J Brown yet? I have had great luck catching 2-8lb cats below the dam but keep hitting the highside when there is nothing there. Some day I will be there just at the right time and land me one over 25lb. You and I both know they are in there some where. Shoot you grew up in that area long before C J Brown was ever there.
[signature]
Yes there are big catfishin larence J Brown reservoir. They also stocked a lot of walleye about 20 years ago and now they are biting and are good size. Now thatyou let everyone know I am ancient, I fished the creek that feed the lake and also a couple of gravel pits that are now under water all thetime. My neighbor accross the road caught a 6 pound small mouth bass in one of the gravel pits just before they shut the dam and began the filling process for the lake. There are a lot of places to catch just about anything you choose somewhere on the edge of the reservoir. Now with the boat landings and the cabins and camping areas in Buck Creek State Park it is a great place to fish and enjoy the outdoors.

By the way, if this rain continues we may need our sawmill to build that ark. You know we had a board this past fall that warped to make a perfect keel
[signature]
once you get that ark built give me a call, I will bring 2 blue gills...

wow, acant eh? that must mean you are aroud 25-30.

mountain spring fishing sounds like fun to me.
[signature]