Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UDWR Ice Fishing Clinic - Thursday 1/8/15 from 7-9pm
[#4040FF]Hi Guys/Gals,[/#4040FF]
[#4040FF]This should be a great clinic and it features 4 popular waters. I hope to see some people come down to learn about ice fishing and what I can share with you about BEAR LAKE in particular.
[/#4040FF]
[#4040FF]BearLakeFishGuy[/#4040FF]

You can learn the basics of ice fishing at a free clinic on Jan. 8.
[Image: ice_fishing_kids.jpg]
The basics of ice fishing will be taught at a Jan. 8 clinic in Salt Lake City.
Photo by Randall Stilson.
Staying warm and comfortable on the ice, the type of fishing gear you'll need, and how to get on the ice and drill a hole, are among the basics you'll learn.
After learning the basics, experienced ice anglers and biologists with the Division of Wildlife Resources will share tips and tricks that will help you catch fish at four of the state's best ice fishing waters: Bear Lake, Pineview Reservoir, Scofield Reservoir and Fish Lake.
The free Jan. 8 clinic is sponsored by Utah's Blue Ribbon Fisheries Advisory Council. It runs from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Department of Natural Resources, 1594 W. North Temple in Salt Lake City.
Paul Birdsey, cold water sport fisheries coordinator for the DWR, says the clinic is open to anyone who has an interest in ice fishing.
"If you're a beginning angler," Birdsey says, "the clinic will give you the confidence you need to gather your gear and hit the ice."
Birdsey says tips to catch fish at the four waters should benefit all anglers, no matter your skill level. "It doesn't matter if you're a beginning or an advanced ice angler," he says. "The tips you receive should help you catch more fish."
If you have questions about the clinic, call the DWR's Salt Lake City office at 801-538-4700.
[signature]
Scott - Thanks for the reminder, we plan to be there and look forward to meeting you and other BFTers
[signature]
wow that should be good
[signature]
Thanks for helping put this together. I'm hoping to make it down there. We'll see what the girlfriend has planned for me that night.[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
bump
[signature]
I'll be there. Posting to put this on top to remind others and to mention my thinking of a week of ice fishing vacation for enjoyment, but also to increase ice fishing skills and target fish that have no limit to can them and add to my food storage. More on that on one of my previous posts here:

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...08;#908108

Which fish and locations are my best options to be most productive?

Suggestions are invited.
[signature]
I did not realize that there was any safe ice at Bear Lake!
[signature]
Hey Scott,

Particularly enjoyed your portion of the presentation last evening. Learned a few tricks that I look forward to trying on Big Blue and on a few other bodies of water.
[signature]
Thanks. It was well-attended and we had quite a few people watching the streaming version on line. I understand the DWR will post the entire seminar on their webpage.
[signature]