Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yuba and joe's valley reports
hit Yuba on sunday ice was 4 to 5 inchs hard.. fished all day for one bite off and one other bite for 3 guy's fishing and a bunch of walking on some really slick ice.. i'm sure this warm wether is turning the ice to crap so be carfull..

joe's valley today fishing was good we cought about 15 to 20 splake for the 2 of us.. when they come in it was hard hitt's and fast catching but some times 20 to 30 min's waiting for them to come around... around 1:30 or so they just turned off no more bites so about 3:30 packed it up and headed home.. the ice was 4 to 5 inchs there as well 25* when we got there in the morning 50* at 3:30 when we left ice was tuning to crap bad when we got off..
[signature]
Wow Ron, if you can't catch them at Yuba there is no reason for me to even try. Interesting how slow Yuba has been recently. Sounds like Joe's Valley is worth the drive. Any size to the Splake or any sign of the tiger muskies?
[signature]
yeah yuba was really slow for us the other day but thats pike fishing.. could be great tomorow or the next day no saying... the ice would be more the problem then anything i would think.. only 4 to 5 inchs and warm wether dont make for good ice.. and the drive to joe's valley might not be woth that much ether i think ice was going south fast today temp's in the 50's durning the day and in the high 20's low 30's at night might not be good ice for long.. we had to really be carfull today and keep eyes out for bubbling springs out there and watch for thin ice.. there was lot's of open spots and thin ice out there today.. splake was all we cought today no cutt's bow's or tigers. most of them were small 14 to 15 inch big one of the day was about 20 inchs but not to fat i would say about 2 1/2 lbs. i have heard the tiger musky are getting in the high 30 inch and low 40 inch and are looking good. i have not caught any there yet but i'm going to give it more of my time this year i think..
[signature]
The way this year is going I am beginning to think the only real safe Ice we are going to have is in our beverage of choice.
[signature]
Thanks for sharing. I wanted to hit both places this winter but with these temps I think I will keep my ice gear put away and pull out the toon and get it ready to go.
[signature]