Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its been a long time....
Hey everyone

Im back. Some of you may remember me, and some of you may not, so i will re-introduce myself.

Im JAMartin - Andrew Martin. Im in Anaheim CA. I own a Outcast FatCat that i love with all my heart. I fish Irvine Lake, Perris, Castaic(its been a while) eastern sierra, well lets just say I fish California.

Ok now the reason for my absence - I Had a family issue that took me to Oregon for the past 7 months. I had no computer, therefore i wasnt able to keep up with you all on the boards. I did do alot of fishing up in Oregon. Mostly up near Corvalis, but also the Santiam river, and the alsea river area.

Well im back in town for good now. Unfortunatly unemployed, but looking for a job, and looking to get back out on the lakes.

Anyways its good to be back. I look forward to chatting with all of you - especially my old friend the TubeDude, Pat Scouten.

JAMartin
[signature]
You should say hello to TubeN2 then. He's Pat's son and he fishes Castaic all the time. He frequents all boards so I'm sure you'll here from him any moment now. Welcome back. I've been on BFT since last July, probably just after you left. I love it.

I live in Utah, and you're not alone in friendship with the Scoutens. They're a great group. Although I've never met either of them I've had many conversations with both. Class acts.
[signature]
Hey there JAMartin, good ole catman was right. It was only a matter of minutes before I saw my line twitch. I would like to welcome you back even though I don't know you. I started coming here at the end of July as well and fell in love with the board.

Let me know if you would like to get together sometime and go to Castaic. My son and I go there quite often as well as other places. We are also some of the other SoCal tubers that travel abroad. Tubes in one hand and rods,flippers, catching basket in the other.

Glad you could make it back and we'll see if we can twitch TubeDudes line.
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hello neighbor JAMartin,[/size]

[size 1]See where you live in Anaheim. I am over here in Yorba Linda. I too have a Super Fat Cat as well as TubeDude. It is almost like being on a raft as one rides way out of the water. I have been to Irvine Lake many times and will probably get out there more often as many of the roads to our mountain lakes are closed for repairs after the mud slides. Hope to see you out there sometime. Are you planning to make the Sportmans expo at the Pomona Fairplex starting this Thursday? JapanRon and I will be going out there this Friday.[/size]

[size 1][/size]
[signature]
No i wont be at the Sportsman Expo, but i will be at the Fred Hall Show in Long beach. Im lacking in the cash department right now, so id hate to go to the expo and be broke - not fun, especially when you come across all the good bargains.

I think the Fred Hall show is next month or in March, and i hope to have some cash in my pocket by then.
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Welcome back to the board, Bro. I kinda wondered what happened to you. Sometimes life deals us some hands that just have to be played out. Hope you survived and that you were able to work through the issues that needed your attention.[/size]

[size 1]I love the Corvallis area. I used to live in Sacramento and worked all the way up the coast to Seattle. Had a good friend in Salem and he and I worked a lot together and hit all the coastal rivers in Oregon. I especially liked the Alsea. Used to be some good silver salmon and steelhead in the late fall. Did you get over to Florence and fish those little bass lakes over there?[/size]

[size 1]Glad you are back in So Cal, but sorry you are having to deal with unemployment. Things are looking better in most industries, so hopefully you will land something soon...a job or a fish...or all of the above.[/size]

[size 1]If you have the time to go back through some of the past threads, posted during your absence, you will get know some of the other players that have joined our little group. We have much fun and even get some serious fishing talk in too.[/size]

[size 1]As I recall, you had been doing some serious damage on Perris Lake. You should work out a tradeoff trip with TubeN2. He lived in Riverside with me but he was only a half pint 2 year old at the time. Hardly worth catfish bait, much less putting in a float tube. He has made up for it since, and has his son well started in tubing also...TubeNtoo.[/size]

[size 1]Welcome back my friend. I have often wondered why you just dropped out of sight and off the board. Glad to have you back. Anything any of us can do to help or lend immoral support, let us know.[/size]

[size 1]Pat[/size]
[signature]
Do you think that they will have the Super Fat Cat at the Expo?? I need a bigger tube and If I buy this one this will probably be my last for a while.

thanks,

Aaron G
[signature]

Hey there DH_tubinaaron,

I doubt if they have it at the Long Beach Show. If they do, you better get there the first in line. Last year the Big T was trying to unload a certian tube but they still had stock bigtime at the end of the show.

Last year only about 5 booths were selling tubes along with other stuff.

At one time I was considering approaching the baytubers to get a small booth way over where the fishing club booths are always.

Did you go to the float tube seminars last year... they were great!

I'll be there ALL 3 DAYS. Some working some not!

JapanRon
[signature]

Hey there JAMartin,

I must have just started moderating when you became scarce! Welcome back and hope you'll stay 'present and accounted for SIR!' ha h ha

Have you done any saltwater tubin'? There are a few groups that do that on a weekly or twice a month routine.

Don't know if any deals are here at BFT on a cat right now.

Look forward to seeing you on our various boards. again....

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hey, Aaron, it sounds like you are gonna get serious about the tubin' thing. Before you spend the $300 plus on a Super Fat Cat, you might want to check in with TubeN2. He bought one of the lower priced Fish Cat models, for about a third the price of the Super Fat Cat and he likes it. [/size]

[size 1]It is the same design...with the pointed bow, big storage pockets and all. It has a couple of minor differences in materials that drop the price. I think the SFC is a great craft, but overpriced.[/size]

[size 1]As I recall, you are a big boy. The Fish Cat is rated for 250 pounds but will easily handle more weight.[/size]

[size 1][Image: fishcat4.jpg][/size]
[signature]
Yea that is my second choice and is looking better every time I look at it...

Aaron
[signature]
Hey aaron, I'm not a lightweight myself. Maybe we can arrange for you to come up here and visit me. I bought the Outcast FishCat 4. It is very comprable to the SuperFat Cat. There is only a minor weight difference and you don't have to fork out so much of your California "Cheese" to buy it.

The FishCat 4 is only a $140. Plus if you come with me to buy it I can get you an extra %10 off. So if you have the extra $cheese, then you can evalutae you fin situation and see if there are any other upgrades that you may want or need. I will be glad to help you out.

At the same time you are here with your new rig, we can get you going on a rod holder/transducer mount as well.
[signature]
Thats a thought, but don't you live in Castaic? That may be kind of far for me and I might start experimenting with a rod holder design I just thought of last night but thats still in the works, I might buy my new tube at the Expo at the fair plex in Pomona this weekend and I might find a deal on it there, but who knows..

That would be cool for us to have a big tubin bash this summer though... Maybe if Irvine has the Bikin contest again that I missed last year[Sad]

Aaron G
[signature]
Hey Aaron, I actually live south of there but I'm sure that I am still north of where you are. Take a look at the expo and see what you can find.

A flotillia bash would be cool. Maybe you could hook up something before TubeDude gets here in February. You are a close enough neighbor for me that if you had you tube with you and dropped by, I could hook you up with a rod holder for practically nothing.

There is not enough cost in the material for me to worry about it and it would give me a chance to meet some of the fishing buddies in the neighborhood.

I have lots of PVC pipe here at my house. Let me know and we can build you up something.
[signature]
Alright, thanks, If Im ever up there I will definitely let you know ahead of time and we should go. You know where we should have our 'flottilla'? MISSION BAY SAN DAWG![cool]

Aaron G
[signature]
Sounds good to me. I'm trying to get my son out to do some baytubing. He is only 15 but a definite tubing enthusiast. Just like his dad and grandpa.
[signature]
GUESS WHAT............................................................................

IM ONLY 15![cool]

Aaron g
[signature]
Kewl[cool] I guess you would get along with him real well.

Are you going to meet up with JapanRon and Dryrod at the Expo?? They are going to be there also. Not sure if I am going or not. That could cut into some valuable fishing time.
[signature]