Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Currant Creek report
5 of us did great at Currant Creek today. The big tiger is just over 21"
All of them, except 2, made for an excellent fish fry tonight (the 2 are going on the smoker tomorrow)
[signature]
Now that is a mess of fish. Looks like a great day!
[signature]
NICE!! See any atv or snowmobiles ?
[signature]
Nope, no machines on that ice. At least none on the 3 hours we were there.
[signature]
hey thanks
[signature]
I was there on Saturday (made it in the Sentra!), after being turned off by the metropolis at Strawberry.

There were snowmobiles all over the north end. Probably 5 or so that I saw all day.

My biggest on the ice was a 19" tiger and 2 big ones broke me off.

Shallow water was best (5-13ft). Not a lot of others catching anything and many left within a couple hours of arriving.

Gulp minnows on 1/16oz heads got the most action, followed by a glow paddle bug tipped with a small redside.

People that were using mealies or spikes were getting worked.
[signature]
How thick is the ice and how much snow on it?
[signature]
hey thanks for the info lol how you been buddy been a while that's a nice tiger too bad you couldn't see the others have broke you off I'm trying to locate a good spot to take the Boy Scouts up there thats why i been asking thanks again
[signature]
Man, that road is squirly in a 4x4, can't believe you made it in a sentra! Any chains on the tires or anything?
[signature]
To my surprise, the road was mostly clear throughout the paved section, with a few ice/snow packed spots. The dirt stretch was mostly covered with hard pack, but very passable. No chains, spikes, or anything special.

I actually made great time, doing my usual speeds in most spots. Obviously, there are some places that required some caution, but both hills were easy to get up.

As I was leaving on Saturday night, there were some flakes starting to fall though.

I'm pretty sure the only reason I made it in the car is the lack of weather leading up to Sat.

Ice was about 6 or 7 inches, I think; about 5" of white and a couple of clear below it.
[signature]
They plow the road ups to the damn we made it to the campground on an ATV last week. But it was tough getting back in the afternoon with the soft snow. Won't try that again

Is there no slot at Currant Creek?
[signature]
General regs there.

I know they plow, but it's usually not a good road for a car when there have been storms.
[signature]
Thanks for the info!
[signature]