Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need some small perch!
I've been out twice this year and threw back all kinds of perch at Jordanelle. Now this Sat morning I am going out and need some little perch for bait. Figures[crazy] It seems like half this board has been going to Rockport lately. If any of you are willing to bring back a few of those little rascals I would greatly appreciate it. I am willing to drive to anywhere in Weber or Davis County.

Tightline
[signature]
How many do you need I think that I might have one in my freezer.

Fishkid
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hey, TL, before you slit your waders or jump off your tackle box, make a trip to the seafood section of the market. There are many kinds of fish there that are both legal to use in any water and will entice the fishies to bite.[/size]

[size 1]If you have an Asian market, they may even have perch for sale. Otherwise, get a couple of cheap smelt or a small mackerel. Cut a fillet off the side and then cut the fillet into narrow strips. Shake on some salt and squeeze on a bit of shad oil. Soak it overnight in the refrigerator before the trip and you are good to go.[/size]

[size 1]There are times when the smellier salt water fish bits work better than fresh perch meat. On other occasions, when the perch, walleye and big trout are dining on perch exclusively, then your first couple of perch should go under the knife.[/size]

[size 1]Down in Yuba, I used to do very well with small strips of skin with a bit of meat from a mirror carp. One piece of that stuff would last for many fish, and all you have to do is add a drop or two of scent once in awhile.[/size]

[size 1]Go to Jordy and load up on the pint sized perchies. They cut into strips just right for bait, and with the larger limit and the overpopulation, you won't be hurting the fishery or anyone's feelings if you harvest a few. Might even catch some jumbos while you are at it.[/size]
[signature]
I could use a few as well, but for breakfast!!!! LOL Guess I better get out and do my part.
[signature]
One should be enough for the day. What area do you live in?
[signature]
I live in Syracuse. The perch are about 6-7 inches long it still have the guts in them I herd that if you put them right in the freezer with the guts in them it lets off more sent when you use them to fish so I want to try it out. PM me and I will give you my address and you can come and pick it up.

Fishkid
[signature]