Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deep Creek and Crowthers Report
Fished Deep Creek with Steelfisher and Peacefisher on Sat. The ice was around 4-5" thick and in pretty good shape. The size on the fish at Deep Creek was definitely down in fact I have never averaged so many stockers. We still caught plenty of fish but most of them were 11-12." A couple of them had tags. Steel fisher managed a couple rainbows in the 17-18" range. We were headed over to Chesterfield for the afternoon when I decided to take a look at crowthers. The ice was good and I had never fished there before so we decided to try it. We caught plenty of stockers but the bonus was the three or four nice large mouth bass that we landed on Salmo Chubby Darters. We could have caught stockers closer to home but it is always fun trying new things and new places.

Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I was wondering how the ice situation was with the warmer temps. Does Crowthers have perch too ? I drove by it a few weeks ago and it looked like it had been fished.
[signature]
Nice report. I am surprised that the ice is surviving the warm temps as well as it has.

The southeast region is planting more in the fall now. I think it is to avoid the cormorants (besides the pelicans) in the spring. Some waters were losing almost all of the spring time planted fish to the cormorants.
[signature]
I didn't see any perch on the camera.
[signature]