Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laughlin/Colorado River Stocking?
Hey folks,

I've fished extensively all over Vegas and Lake Mead, some at Lake Mohave, but never ventured down to Laughlin and the Colorado River below Davis Dam.

I think I'm going to go this weekend, and hit up the river just south of Davis Dam. I understand that they stock trout on the Arizona side.

Questions:

-Is the Trout bite good in the Colorado River, from the Nevada side (ie: do they make their way over there, and has Arizona sufficiently stocked it?)
-How is the striper/bass bite this time of year?
-Any tips?
[signature]
I think they may be done stocking trout until they get more or produce more at willow beach hatchery. The mohave daily news always has good info about the fishing in that area, the last i read it said the trout could be found in backwaters, around docks etc.. There is always reports of a striper or two from the Big Bend and Bullhead areas and periodically a big striper shows up. Before you go call the Riviera Marina in Bullhead, they will always let you know if the fishing has been good/bad and what they are or are not biting on. 928-763-8550. If you're going to go do it now while the crowds are slim, not in the summer it's crazy down there.
[signature]