Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Fellow Utah Anglers ... SLC, WVC, Provo ... Where are they biting?
Hello Fellow Anglers,

My name is Tadd and like many of you I would rather be fishing right now ... shore, fly, ice, boat ... I'm down!

I am always looking to find out where the fish are biting. Some of my favorite spots to fish in Utah include ... Utah Lake, Deer Creek, Willard Bay, Pineview, Jordanelle, Rockport, Hyrum, Tibble Fork, Provo River, Jordan River or even some of the local ponds.

I consider my self a pretty good trout/catfisherman ... The bass fishing bug has definitely caught me though! I also like to experiment and tie my own flies for fly/bass/ice fishing as well. The Picture below is one of my favorite catches ... a 7lb. Walleye caught at the Jordan river inlet near Saratoga Springs.
[inline IMAG0878.jpg]

I Look forward to chatting and learning from everyone & maybe finding some new fishing buddies!

Tadd
[signature]
Welcome to the site Tadd, I see you have already found the Utah board so please let us know if you have any questions about the site.
WH2
[signature]
Thx WH2 ... Nice to digitally meet you!

I may pick your brain later on Wiper fishing at Willard ... that place is always out to skunk me. [mad] I've only caught a few there are numerous trips up to OG town!
Here is the first 1 I landed a while trolling a few yrs back.
[inline "2012-09-02 13.22.43.jpg"]
I caught these small guys earlier this year using mussels
[inline IMAG3037.jpg]

Have you been out ice fishing at all this year yet?
[signature]
I've been out ice fishing a few times, once on Willard but no luck. Not sure if I'll get out on that ice again this season and with the warm temps they are talking about, not sure how long the ice will hold up any where. Don't mind you asking any questions about Willard. With Willard it's all about location, you can catch fish if they aren't biting where your fishing. Using mussels really took off last year but they have been a hot bait for years when fishing close to shore.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT! I am looking forward to reading your reports.
[signature]