Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SARL reports??
[size 2]Anybody been out there latley? Thinking of maybe going this weekend. Fishing Show in Pomona starting Thursday so I will hit that Sat and go fishing Sunday with new stuff I buy[sly][/size]
[signature]
Hello RI,

The fishing has been great there. They produced another state record trout (if you count thier fish for records). I think it was around 27 pounder!!

There are suppose to be other simlair size fish still in the lake and the fishing has been great.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
i think you should give irvine a try rather than SARL. the trout are biting REAALLLLLY good if you can find them. you can shorefish, rent a boat, kayak, or float tube the lake. its pretty much a guarenteed catch. unlike the many people i have talked to saying that sarl is no good. i went a couple of times and nothing. BUT, im not much of a trout fisherman, so go ahead and try your luck at SARL but dont have too high of hopes. and if you do WHACK 'em....then send me a PM saying Fooey on Me![laugh][Wink]
[signature]
One of the locals from the FishingMessageBoard went on a 3 day excursion to Irvine. Did well all three days. He posted on the tubing board at FMB. His username is NoSkunk. Gave a good report. Said he caught mostly 2 and 3 lbrs while tubing.
[signature]
[size 2]Interesting. Hey Joe and word on the water level at Irvine? I heard sometimes it's low and launching can get slimy[crazy][/size]
[signature]
launching a float tube is fine. just dont get too deep because thats where it is slimy! launching a boat...that shouldnt be a problem because the ramp isn't very steep. i would give it a try.

im bummed right now....all this talk about fishing makes me want to go, but im sitting at home right now suffering from food poisoning![Sad] FUN TIMES!

joe
[signature]
[size 2]Remember Joe, you don't eat the live squid, you put them on hook![crazy][sly][/size]
[signature]
Hey Releaseit, SARL is having their moonlight specials this weekend. You might want to take a look at the post I made on the event.
[signature]
Hey Releaseit, I'm sure you've been there a time or two. You know how to get there. They are starting their special from today a 5pm to tomorrow at 4pm. Then tomorrow at 5pm to Sunday at 4pm.
[signature]
oooooooh thats it! man i am glad you told me that![Tongue]

joe
[signature]
[size 2]I wish I could of gotten out to SARL this weekend but Saturday I was in Pomona all afternoon and Sunday was busy cleaning.[/size]

[size 2] I am really going to try for this weekend for SARL or Irvine. Weather permitting[cool][/size]
[signature]

Hey there releaseit,

Check out TubeN2's post/announcement on the special SARL event that's gonna be held 1/18. It appears you've got to reserve a spot.

Sounds pretty cool!

JapanRon
[signature]
[size 2]Yeah I saw it, unfortunatley I am not big on fishing tourneys. I would rather just get together with a group of friends and fish. To many people take it to serious instead of enjoying fishing, in my opinion.[/size]

[size 2]We should plan a day during summer and go to SARL and get a bunch of BFT people to go and have a fishing gathering.[/size]

[size 2]Fish off shore, on float tubes, boats, flying saucers, whatever works!![sly][/size]

[size 2] We could call it the " BFT SUMMER INVASION "[shocked][laugh][/size]
[signature]