Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 slot busters at Strawberry
I had the opportunity to take a buddy of mine on his first Ice Fishing experience on Thursday. He is a avid fisherman from Alabama, but had never fished the hard deck.

I decided to fish the soldier creek side and we were able to be set up with lines in the water by 6:45. From my experience, 9 times out of 10, the biggest fish of the day comes before sunrise and within ten minutes he had hooked the pig below.

We were using white jigs with chartreuse heads tipped with a meal worm.

We caught 9 (8 cutts and 1 bow) in about 2.5 hours and the quality of the fish was outstanding.

I've been fishing strawberry for years and the two fish attached below are top 3 fish that I've personally seen caught at strawberry.

The second one took almost 10 mins to land. Went on some crazy runs!
[signature]
Sounds like a good day to me. Nice fish.
[signature]
Those are great fish and your buddy will have a great story.
[signature]
Nice fish! Thanks for sharing. Interesting thought about the big boys being caught before sunup. I try to get there early but it's so hard to get out of bed! =) Maybe I'll have to try a little harder.
[signature]
Dangit...just when I start telling myself, "Hey, maybe I don't need to be there before sunrise," I see a post like this that will force me out of bed at 4 a.m. [Sad]

Those are some PIGS for sure! Nice fish! Hope I can get into some.

What depth did you get these big boys at? How deep was the water?
[signature]
I prefer to ice fish in shallower water especially early in the morning when the bigger fish are hunting the shallows. We were in 8-10 feet water with the jig a foot or two off the bottom.
[signature]
well done sir, well done
[signature]
Great fish! Is the only way to the marina by snowmobiles and atvs? Did you see any snowmobiles going across the ice! I have place kinda by the dam I like to fish, that's why I ask?
[signature]
Nice fish!! Congrats [Smile]
[signature]
Great looking fish. I am planning on getting up there for at least one outing this winter, but was waiting for a little thicker ice to take the sleds out. This weekend it is the cisco disco instead. Soon, very soon.
[signature]
Great report!! Good looking fish too![cool] heading up there next weekend.[Smile]
[signature]
Those are dandies ! Good job keep it up ...
By the way how thick was the ice out there
[signature]
The Ice was around 6-7 inches.
[signature]
I was able to get to the Marina in my truck. The snow is packed down well. 4 wheel drive will get you there. I didnt see any snow machines going across the ice however.
[signature]
Hey thanks . Yeah i like to have ten plus inch before i take my machine out im paranoid lol
[signature]
Sweet! Thanks for the post and pics.
Those are some nice fish! I hope me and the wife get into some half that big tomorrow up there!
[signature]
Wow, nice! I have never in my life caught a fish outside the slot at Strawberry. Not even a rainbow, somehow........
[signature]
Now that's how its done![cool]
[signature]
Sweet! [cool] Great dayfishin, great lookin fish, well done!
[signature]