Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Crappie Report
Fished at Pineview late yesterday (4:30-8:30) with 2 of my kids....we slayed Em! Ice is still good (looks deceivingly bad on the surface but once you get through the 1" top layer (opaque white) there is 6" of clear ice. Fished off S. Side of Browning point in 45' of water. Had our 40 fish pretty quickly. The fish were stacked on the Marcum from the bottom up to 30'. Used a kastmaster/Ratfinkee combo, both tipped with meal and/or wax worms.

The kids had a blast!!!!
[signature]
Love the TWinkies cap!! Congrats on the crappie.
[signature]
Yea, a twins fan in Utah, you know he is hard core!! Especially with the last 2 seasons they have had....
[signature]
I've got my TC hats and hoodie and my dashed hopes. Diehard fan myself. Now if UT only had the crappie holes I fished in MN I'd be one happy camper. Used to look forward to spring crappies every year. Next to fall walleyes it was my favorite time to fish.
[signature]
Nicely done, good getting the kids on 'em. You make it sound easy!

So - mind if I ask - what kind of size were you getting into? Haven't hit PV ice for a couple years, might ought to change that!

Thanks for the report.
Most are in the 8-10" range. Picked a few up that were over that though. The problem is that when you pull them out of 45' of water they are done, you have to keep them...their eyes are bulging, etc....they are full of air. No releasing them. If you could you could cull out a nice mess of the 10" fish.
[signature]
Nice job! Looks like they had a great time. Thats the area where i killed it. Crazy how many fish show up on the finder. Plenty of fish to caught. Im sure the night bite is better too.
[signature]