Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery deals
[Sad][size 1]Hey fish finder owners,[/size]

[size 1]After paying $24.99 for a 12 volt 7 amp & charger found a number of suppliers of 12 volt batteries selling for around $11 to $13. [/size][url "http://www.Ragebattery.com"][size 1]WWW.Ragebattery.com[/size][/url][size 1] is selling theirs for $11.50. Duh why didn't I check GOOGLE before I bought.[/size]
[signature]
Hey there Dryrod, That seemed like a deal that was too good to be true. So I checked it out. If you buy 2 or more batteries then you can get them for 11.25 each. 1 will cost only 13.50... They do charge you more for the charger for that battery at $42.95 but the charger is fully automatic.

It goes from charge to float when it is need and never needs to be disconnected from the battery even if you are charging for long periods of time. That could be a plus factor for the price.

Thanks for the resource. It is always good to know other avaialable options that are out there to recommend them to others as well.
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Good resource. I added the link to my list of favored sites to acquire necessities.[/size]

[size 1]Live and learn...or live to regret it...or don't live at all.[/size]

[size 1]Ya know, with all of us inquisitive and creative types that hang out on this board, we should really have this silly sport down to a science some day. But then, the fishies will still find ways to keep us humble.[/size]
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hi TubeDude,[/size]

[size 1]You have got that right. I remember years ago when I was building gas powered model planes that I would spent hundreds of hours building these suckers and in two minutes - bamm! Still it was fun building them. Since we can't fish day and night creating fishing related goodies is fun too. What is also interesting about this site is anticipating what the next creation will be![/size]
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hi TubeN2,[/size]

[size 1]You might have gone to the wrong site. I priced one unit @$11.50. See below. You got me thinking that my memory is going south, or is that north.[/size] [font "Arial, Helvetica"][#ffffff][size 3]Code[/size][/#ffffff][/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica"][#ffffff][size 3]Product[/size][/#ffffff][/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica"][#ffffff][size 3]Quantity[/size][/#ffffff][/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica"][#ffffff][size 3]Price/Ea.[/size][/#ffffff][/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica"][#ffffff][size 3]Total[/size][/#ffffff][/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica"]PS-1270[/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica"]Power-Sonic 12 Volt 7.0 Amp Hour[/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica"]1[/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica"]$11.50[/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica"]$11.50[/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica"]terminals: F1[/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica"] [/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica"][/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica"][/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica"][#ffffff][size 3]Total:[/size][/#ffffff][/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica"][#ffffff][size 3]$11.50[/size][/#ffffff][/font]
[signature]
I could have been mistaken. I did click the link that you gave me. Most of the base prices were for 2 or more batteries purchased. Maybe my vision was just blurry. I did like the charger feature though. Just set it and.........Forget it.
[signature]
[size 1]SmileHi TubeN2,[/size]

[size 1]Yes you are correct that they reduce the price per battery when you buy in multiple units. Single unit purchase is just a few cent more than the first grouping of 2 - 10.[/size]

[size 1]Any way you cut it their prices as well as many other battery dealers on-line beat the major catalog or on-line suppliers by several dollars. I might just order another battery and a fog horn to keep the boaters at a fair distance. [Tongue][/size]
[signature]
[cool][size 1]A nice thought, but some of the "power squadron" types simply use greater visibility and sound to help them zero in on their "targets"...we of the float tube persuasion.[/size]

[size 1]Put the extra money in surface to surface missiles.[/size]
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up Dryrod. Very good prices on the SLA batteries. I think I'll pick up the lighter 5AH battery. The 7's last a long time, and the extra 1.5 lbs is a little excess. I'm sure the 5 would easily last all day long with the FF attatched. Thanks.
[signature]
That is a good deal at any rate. I may stock up on some extras myself. That would give me a chance to do some battery rotation. Thanks for the tip on the site [cool].
[signature]