Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 2-6
Hi all,
Tunahooker and I took my boat up to Jordanelle yesterday looking for some rare February open water, and weren't disappointed. The Hailstone ramp is still iced in, so we launched off of the PWC ramp with no issues. The far eastern half of the Rock Cliff arm is still iced up with rotten ice, as is the entire north end. However, with these warm temps and wind, I bet the whole lake will be ice free by the end of the new week.
We had our game plan as to where to fish, but decided to check out a different spot that looked promising. Its a good thing that we did as we found a group of active fish. Six of our seven fish of the day came off of this spot in less than an hour. TH had the hot rod and boated four trout of four different species off of this spot. He got a 19" rainbow (pic 1), 20 cutt (pic 2), a 17" cutt-bow, and a 21" brown (pic 3). I caught a 17" rainbow with great colors, and a 19" brown (pic 4) , which was my first trout on a fluke. We each missed several more fish.

Once that spot had dried up we tried several other similar spots with no luck. Then the wind came up and we decided to troll. TH picked up another 19" rainbow, and that was it. All of the fish except the cutt-bow were very well fed and chunky. All fish were released. Water temp was 37 degrees and very clear. Nothing like open water in Feb! Fred K.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, nice mixed bag of fish. I iced it a few weeks ago and there was a boat trolling the ice edges about 100 yards from me, kinda ironic. I love fishing for Jordanelle browns, and just across the way from your 21" brown there is a great point where my PB and 2nd PB browns came from 27" and 26". Thats awesome you got the boat out this time of year, thanks again for sharing.
[signature]
Thanks for the good report and great pics. Very nice trout. The warrior princess and I are contemplating a perch search there tomorrow.
Tight lines
[signature]
Nice fish. Throwing tube jigs and marabous can produce very well in the open water this time of year at Jordy also.
[signature]
Way to go with the big browns off of that point Kalastaja! I've fished that same point numerous times, and haven't even gotten a hit. I guess that I'm not showing them the right lure [laugh] I'm going to try to get up there again mid week if I can get the day off from work. Good luck on the water! Fred.
[signature]
Well it looks like I might take the kayak up there Monday. Sounds promising.
[signature]
Awesome Fred.

My work took me up around Jordanelle yesterday and I was drooling at the open water and wishing it was a day I could disappear into a fishing trip.

Thanks for the report!
[signature]
Thanks for the great report. Are there any docks in the water at the PWC ramp? When I launch alone I need to tie up the boat while I park the truck.
[signature]
Hii,
Yes, there is one metal dock down the middle of the PWC ramp. Good luck if you get out [laugh] Fred.
[signature]
Thanks Darren! I got the night off of work and am headed up again in the AM. I'll let you know how it goes. Take care, Fred.
[signature]