Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainbow Trout Rampage
British Columbia Ice Fishing is a great place to get out on the ice for some Rainbow Trout Action. But with so many lakes to try how do you figure out where to catch fish. Watch this video for a few tips on how you can locate winter Rainbow Trout and put yourself into amazing fishing with a few simple tools. This isn't rocket science... it's fish science! The menu for the day was a Gold and Glow Slender spoon tipped with a meal worm or absolutely nothing. Also got to try out my new Deeper Sonar in the ice fishing mode. I'll be making another video featuring the deeper from this day of fishing. Just thought I'd keep it separate since there was so much footage. Check out the Deeper Sonar System.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boe4Ac8A__Y
[signature]
The managers of the site have told me that if you try an embed a video and it does not work, it is ok to post the link. This feature was working until the first of the year or so but does not work at all now. Hopefully they will fix it, until then adding your link will be fine.
How big was that last big fish you caught when it was dark?
Deeper sonar, is this the same one you are using?
https://buydeeper.com/deeper
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]The managers of the site have told me that if you try an embed a video and it does not work, it is ok to post the link. This feature was working until the first of the year or so but does not work at all now. Hopefully they will fix it, until then adding your link will be fine.
How big was that last big fish you caught when it was dark?
Deeper sonar, is this the same one you are using?
https://buydeeper.com/deeper[/quote]

Yes that is the same one I got recently and have been trying it out this year. So far it is pretty handy for ice fishing. A lot smaller than my MarCum.

Thanks for the update I'll just post the links than cause I haven't been posting because the videos wouldn't link in like before.

I'll post a more in depth one on the Deeper soon.
[signature]
Any idea on the length of that last big Bow you caught? looked like you had a great day for sure. Do you think those were Kamloop bows?
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Any idea on the length of that last big Bow you caught? looked like you had a great day for sure. Do you think those were Kamloop bows?[/quote]

Yes they are Kamloops Rainbows. They stock two types in the lake, Kamloops and Fraser Valley. Mostly looked like Kamloops ones to me. The Fraser Valley are fat footballs and Kamloops are lean rockets. The last one was about three pounds and I think it was only 21 inches or so. Didn't weigh it but it was fat.
[signature]
So, you are using your cell phone as a display for your fishfinder, is that correct? If so, will only certain cell phones work? Is it like a flasher or a regular fish finder? Hard to tell from the video but it looks like you could tie a fishing line to the transducer and cast it out while shore fishing, during soft water season, to check what if any fish are off shore, is that correct.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]So, you are using your cell phone as a display for your fishfinder, is that correct? If so, will only certain cell phones work? Is it like a flasher or a regular fish finder? Hard to tell from the video but it looks like you could tie a fishing line to the transducer and cast it out while shore fishing, during soft water season, to check what if any fish are off shore, is that correct.[/quote]

Yes I am using my cell phone as a display. You can use any iPhone, or android based phone, iPad works too. Apparently any smart phone should work with the device. It works as a Bluetooth device so as long as your phone can do that you are golden. It has regular fish finder modes and an ice fishing mode that is circular and looks like a flasher. I was using it in the ice fishing mode. Yesterday I took it out fishing a pond from shore and cast it out on a rod. Worked amazing. You can see where the drop offs are and structure off shore. Really helped. It has thee places to screw in a brass ring which you can tie a line to.
[signature]