Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake Update
Went up to fish lake on 1/5/16. It was amazing! Started catching fish at 8:00am and did not stop until 2:00pm when we left. Ice depth was ~12 inches and clear enough to watch the fish swim below us. Between the 3 of us fishing (one person never has been ice fishing) we caught 250+ perch and 50+ trout. Keeping all the perch and Leaving with 7 trout. I used what was called a pink Gizzy Bug with a small pink jig head. What a freaking awesome day. Wish we could have stayed a few more days.
[signature]
Excellent report! I'm hoping to make it down there on Friday if the roads are good. Which general area did you fish?
[signature]
We were around 100 yards maybe 150 yards out from the fish lake resort store just a bit north of that. We were in about 15-17 feet of water. I forgot to mark it on my gps or i would have the coordinates for ya. I think we were ~10 feet away from the weed line.
[signature]
That's an awesome report!! Headed down next weekend. Any size to the trout you were catching? Nice pics too!!
[signature]
A lot of the trout were small maybe 10-12 inches. The few we kept were 15-18 inchs. One guy not with our group cough what seemed to be a 25+ inch trout. It was a good day that's for sure.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, my and my pard are heading down this weekend hope we have great of day as you had.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Definitely a great day.
[signature]
Great report ! Looks like you really got into em!! nice pics of your lures by the way!
[signature]
Super Jealous man! What a day indeed!
[signature]
Headed down on Friday evening for the first time. What resort did you fish by? Google maps shows one on the north and south end of the lake. Also if there is any more info that might be useful for a first timer that would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
Take a friend that knows what he is doing. A big shout out to Paul for showing me this RAD lake and the awesome fish that are within. So the only other advice that I can give you is if you have a flasher bring it and use it well. Lure the fish up out of the school and BAM real it in. If the fishing starts to slow down and it should be hot move around the fish have moved. Bring a tent if you have one cuz DAMN the wind chill gets to ya. Don't give up there are fish. Best of luck to you and catch a bunch. The south resort.
[signature]
Thanks for all the info.
[signature]