Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell!!!
With weather as beautiful as it was a few of us headed down to Powell this last weekend and we definitely had to earn those we caught. Sometimes early season striper and eyes can be red hot down there but even when we found the fish we couldn't get them to bite. The crappie fishing was on fire though and as you can see from the pics they were very healthy fish. We also found a few healthy bucket mouths and one of our guys picked up this giant kitty! One of the biggest I've seen out of there in a long time. We probably ended up with around 40 Striper, 15 Walleye, 15 Crappie and 6 large mouth. We went out of Bullfrog and fished a few areas close by. Caught most of our fish trolling or finding schools and jigging for them. The water was absolutely beautiful while we were there and the weather was even better. You'll be able to see the whole adventure on KSL Outdoors on the 21st of this month. Good luck and happy fishing!
[signature]
That is one big kitty. Nice looking crappie too. Great report thanks for sharing.
[signature]
hay I know that cat man [shocked]
[signature]
Wow, that's a monster of a cat. Nice work. What did you catch that thing on, and what depth, if you don't mind me asking?
[signature]
Gosh i'd be dying to catch some big crappie like that [laugh].
I sure miss the good times i've been at Lake powell. Just wish it wasn't so expensive as well wish my parent's still have a boat.
[signature]
Looks like it was dark while crappie fishing. How was the daytime fishing for them?
[signature]
McFish he actually caught it on a silver spoon believe it or not and was fishing for stripers in about 45 FOW when he bit. He thought he had a snag at first then the thing gave him one heck of a fight. NO he did NOT snag it, it actually swallowed the spoon. One of the craziest things I've seen.
[signature]
mattdaddy we actually caught all of the crappies during the day. We didn't do any night fishing on this trip. The best crappie bight was late afternoon between 4-6pm anywhere from 15-40 FOW. They'd be together in small schools and we usually could pick a few out of the school.
[signature]
Great thanks for the info! I cant wait to get down there!
[signature]
In the past when ever I was down there I've caught them in the morning time.
[signature]