Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake Feb 6th,7th,8th
My lovely wife rented rooms in a lodge in lyman for my birthday and told me she and some friends were going to accompany me for three days of fishing on fish lake. What a wife and what a birthday present. The guy who owns the mills cabins in lyman was very good to us. The rooms were nice and the rates were great. We couldn't get a cabin at fish lake due to it was booked 3 weeks in advance. I'm glad we stayed here instead. Well now the report on the fishing. We got to the lake at 1 pm and fished until 6:30 pm. Fishing was hot. We had a hard time keeping up with 2 poles. We caught so many I stopped keeping count. We caught all species including suckers. The perch where we were at I would call jumbos for the size they were. Saturday was alittle slower, and Sunday was fast and furious. The fish seemed to like ice flies tipped with a third of a nightcrawler. We fished until 3 pm and then had to head to a dutch oven cook out at my good friends house in greenwich (couldn't miss out on some good cooking). It was a great 3 days of fishing. The ice was 10" thick on the south end. It should be good for a couple more weeks. Thank you to my lovely wife and all the friends that celebrated my birthday over the past three days. I had a blast and hope to do it next year.
[signature]
Sounds like a great Birthday. You should keep her for another year[laugh]
[signature]
You are indeed a lucky man.[Smile]

Sure wish that I could have caught one of those suckers while I was down there a couple weeks ago. Fresh sucker makes great mack bait.
[signature]