Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any tips for Utag Lake
I am taking my dad to Provo Bay at Utah Lake for a couple hours tonight. He does not get around well so we will be fishing from the rocks right there. I am after the channel cats and I have very poor luck the last 2 weeks. I am hoping to get anything for him so if you have a quick tip I greatly appreciate it. I have my regular carp meat, worms for the cats and if I get skunked then I will still have a good time with my dad.
[signature]
Dunno Stick -- Looks like you have everything you need to do your part. Just gotta wait and see if the cats will do their part. If you're fishin' with your dad the trip is a success fish or no fish.

I went out this a.m. and fished for four hours and never had a bite. Water temp was a consistent 54 degrees.

Good luck. The best is yet to come.

BLK
[signature]
Thank you BLK. If anybody would know you would. I might try for some white bass from the dock with him if nothing else.
[signature]
All summer I catch catfish under bobbers all over the place. I finally learned the last two years that early in the year, look for deeper water, get bigger heavier slip sinkers and cast LONG from shore.

That's all I got.
[signature]
All of the cats that I caught last week were in seven + feet of water any shallower than that and it was no action at all.

Like was stated look for deeper or protected water would hold your best chance of picking up a cat.

Good luvk.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Thanks for your help. It was to cold for dad with the wind. we tried for 30 minutes with out any luck. so we went back to his place and I helped him finish his deck railing.

Sometimes (but very rarely) there are more important things than fishing.
[signature]