Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HD ICE jigging lure test
video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV7P4_Yx3YI

Ice Fishing for Rainbow Trout with amazing action again using the Dynamic Lure HD ICE Vertical Jigging lure in Trout Pattern. I was out in this spot a couple days earlier and the average size was a lot smaller. With this HD ICE lure I was able to hook more of the larger fish in the area. Also hooked a few brook trout which seemed more interested in this lure. Great action, fast paced. This is the kind of ice fishing days that dreams are made of for me. Can't wait to get out there again!

Going to have to give this lure a try for perch and walleye when I'm out next time!
[signature]
Dude, you killing me with all these fish, this one would have been cool to see what was going on under the ice with your go pro, theses fish are actually grabing the lure and hanging on, sweet. Is this, a close to you lake?
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Dude, you killing me with all these fish, this one would have been cool to see what was going on under the ice with your go pro, theses fish are actually grabing the lure and hanging on, sweet. Is this, a close to you lake?[/quote]

It is a lake about 3 hours from where I am living currently. There isn't much ice close to Vancouver, bc. The thing is when the camera is down the fish just don't bite like usual. They are scared of it. I was catching them like this when I did the underwater video too. Just not as many beside the camera.

Thanks for watching!
[signature]
On the other video with the underwater camera, I thought the problem was the size of that spoon but after seeing this video with the size of the lure you were using, maybe it wasn't the problem. I always use just small jigs or ice flies when ice fishing and always seem to have better hookup than using bigger lure. Glad to see the ice is still holding up well there.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]On the other video with the underwater camera, I thought the problem was the size of that spoon but after seeing this video with the size of the lure you were using, maybe it wasn't the problem. I always use just small jigs or ice flies when ice fishing and always seem to have better hookup than using bigger lure. Glad to see the ice is still holding up well there.[/quote]

Haha, no many people said stuff like that but sometimes fish want a bigger flashy lure. The small stuff wasn't working. I tried it. I always start big and flashy then see if there are fish around. If they don't hit the big stuff but are there then downsize.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]On the other video with the underwater camera, I thought the problem was the size of that spoon but after seeing this video with the size of the lure you were using, maybe it wasn't the problem. I always use just small jigs or ice flies when ice fishing and always seem to have better hookup than using bigger lure. Glad to see the ice is still holding up well there.[/quote]

I watched the slender spoon video and I didn't think there was anything amiss about the lure size, but more of the motion used. I saw several instance where fish pursued strongly on either the fall or on a long steady rise, but that motion was rarely used. It seemed to me like you may have been missing the hot motion a bit. But, I wasn't there so maybe you tried that motion? I've seen sooo many times where a steady long rise would cause fish to pursue and hammer a lure when other motions just get a bump or a nibble as in that video. You might keep that in mind. I know that I've started to use that motion a lot more when fish are present but they are not biting good.
[signature]
When I'm fishing with the underwater camera my intention is not to catch fish but to stay in the view of the camera to capture great video. See there was just a disconnect between what I was trying to do and what you thought I wanted. If I want to catch fish like crazy I don't put the camera down. What would be the point of lifting the lure out of the field of view of the camera Just to have them bite then? I accomplished my goals In capturing a lot of fishy action underwater. For me when I go fishing it's not just about catching fish it's about capturing my adventure. See my other videos you'll realize I don't have a problem getting fish to bite.

If you have a hot tip though I'm always open to hear it.
[signature]
And I wasn't trying to be critical either. I apologize if it came across that way.

If you are not trying to catch fish, then why all the video's on "how to catch xxxxxx"? [Wink] J/K.
[signature]
[quote hooknhunter]And I wasn't trying to be critical either. I apologize if it came across that way.

If you are not trying to catch fish, then why all the video's on "how to catch xxxxxx"? [Wink] J/K.[/quote]

Yeah, bit of a conundrum. But when I am doing underwater videos I'm not usually videoing above water. That is what I mean. I'm doing it for the camera under the ice so the most important thing is lots of action in front of the lens. Lots of people were telling me what I was doing wrong with that underwater video, but the truth simply is the only problem is the proximity to the camera. The fish get camera shy.

Thanks for watching. I think it got me frustrated just because people said the same thing on multiple boards and I obviously know how to catch a fish, haha! Or maybe that's not obvious. Anyways... I'll have more vids coming.
[signature]
[quote Calicanuck][quote hooknhunter]And I wasn't trying to be critical either. I apologize if it came across that way.

If you are not trying to catch fish, then why all the video's on "how to catch xxxxxx"? [Wink] J/K.[/quote]

I obviously know how to catch a fish, haha! Or maybe that's not obvious. Anyways... I'll have more vids coming.[/quote]

You could always change you name to "Captain Obvious". [Wink]

What happens if you move the camera farther from the lure?
[signature]
You're correct the further from the camera the more willing the fish are too bite. But once again the images get worse the further from the camera. It's a catch 22.
[signature]
I guess when it comes to the internet, you have to expect a certain amount of replies to your post, both good and bad. Maybe adding a comment about what you hope to accomplish or what you already know will happen, would be a good way to fend off comments that you don't care for and it might help solve this issue. As you know I thought the same things as hooknhunter.
[signature]
Yeah, I'll just ignore it but I like to try to explain what is happening. I guess if you've neverad or edited video this stuff isn't obvious.
[signature]