Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Update!
Today we went to pineview to test a new fish finder, and knock the dust off the old boat,and maybe see if we might get lucky with a few fish.

The water temp was right at 40 to 44 at the highest. Still a little early for any real action. We did pic up a random muskie on a tube jig. Never thought that would happen but it did.

I have never fished pineview without countless numbers of boaters but today ther were three one the whole lake all of which were fishermen.

Water temp still too low for any action.

If you go please post temps.

Thanks
[signature]
Thanks for the update! Good job hooking into that musky! That fish is on my catch list for this year. Looking forward to hooking one on a fly.
[signature]
You should post the picture of the pretty musky [Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Nothing like catching a muskie on something you weren't expecting. I caught one on a three inch curly tail once. It was a rush for sure.
[signature]
I used to use a white two inch curly jig a lot for bass, but that is how I've caught each of the ten or so muskies I've hooked into. Sometimes I think it's just good luck with those big boys.[reply][/reply]
[signature]
[quote Bassmaster89]I used to use a white two inch curly jig a lot for bass, but that is how I've caught each of the ten or so muskies I've hooked into. Sometimes I think it's just good luck with those big boys.[reply][/reply][/quote]

It's the fish of a thousand casts.
[signature]
They absolutely love curly tail grubs. I've caught several on a 3" grub, and they have also done well on pike and chain pickerel. Something about those toothy critters just loves grubs.
[signature]
[quote gstott]They absolutely love curly tail grubs. I've caught several on a 3" grub, and they have also done well on pike and chain pickerel. Something about those toothy critters just loves grubs.[/quote]

They wiggle a lot.[Wink]
[signature]
Whats the water level? Is the brush submrrged or is it sand banks all the way around the lake?
[signature]
Water level is still super low. You can see sand banks all the way around the lake. The plastic docks at cemetary point are bairley in the water. Only one section is partially in the water.

My guess is two weeks and it will be in good fishing condition.
[signature]
Thanks Gills.
[signature]